PDA

View Full Version : Are they too young to be neutured?

animallover1989
12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
My boys are nearly 3 months old, over the last few days they have been nearly constantly humping each other, there is no aggression, but I think it needs to be done now before the fighting might start. They have both their testicles. Can they be done now?

Love
Rachel xx

bunnymad
12-12-2004, 10:11 AM
I think it depends on which vet you go to.

Some will do at a younger age than others. Sparkee got done as he had dropped at about your buns age. Some will not do it till they are a bit older.

Sparkee is doing well :D

bronie

~Lisa~
12-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Bronie is right, vets do vary in their opinions. I have one who said 6 months and my other says between 5-6 months. Both have also said that they would be prepared to bring that timescale forward if there was a lot of agression and providing their testies had dropped.

touie
12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
My vet made me wait till my boys were 5 months even though I thought they were ready at 3 months! Those 2 months I had to wait were a nightmare, the rabbits had to be separated and I was constantly sprayed with urine!!! :? :( (Oops had to edit that a little, just noticed some stars replacing a word)! :oops:

rngpwelfare
12-12-2004, 08:33 PM
My vets do them no earlier than 4 months even if they have dropped at 3 months.
Due to them not being mature enough for the operation. Also as most baby bunnies are sold at 2 months if they have only been in their new homes a couple of weeks and then straight in to a neutering then the stress is just too much for some.