• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they too young to be neutured?

My boys are nearly 3 months old, over the last few days they have been nearly constantly humping each other, there is no aggression, but I think it needs to be done now before the fighting might start. They have both their testicles. Can they be done now?

Love
Rachel xx

I think it depends on which vet you go to.

Some will do at a younger age than others. Sparkee got done as he had dropped at about your buns age. Some will not do it till they are a bit older.

Sparkee is doing well :D

bronie

Bronie is right, vets do vary in their opinions. I have one who said 6 months and my other says between 5-6 months. Both have also said that they would be prepared to bring that timescale forward if there was a lot of agression and providing their testies had dropped.

My vet made me wait till my boys were 5 months even though I thought they were ready at 3 months! Those 2 months I had to wait were a nightmare, the rabbits had to be separated and I was constantly sprayed with urine!!! :? :( (Oops had to edit that a little, just noticed some stars replacing a word)! :oops:

My vets do them no earlier than 4 months even if they have dropped at 3 months.
Due to them not being mature enough for the operation. Also as most baby bunnies are sold at 2 months if they have only been in their new homes a couple of weeks and then straight in to a neutering then the stress is just too much for some.

Back