• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos of Dash (and his late littermate Evan)

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
I finally took the time to post some of the early pictures of Dash and Evan. Dash is the one with the larger ears, and he is always on the move investigating everything as you can see from the blurs (images) in these photos. For such a little bunny he is aptly named because he has dashing good looks, plus he dashes all around. He rarely sits still unless I am doling out dandelion greens (his favorite).

This last picture is of Dash and Evan in the wire cages at a county fair 4H show. It was a very hot day and this was taken in a barn where many animals were shown. The bunny in the background is not related to them, yet it has the markings usually associated with megacolon.
[IMG]https://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt203/bunnymomma1/0818161724-00%202_zpsgaqfhdfk.jpg
[/IMG]
I felt so sorry for them in the last picture. They were being shown as 4H bunnies at a county fair in a wire cage with a wire floor on a very hot day Even as 8 week old bunnies you can see the first signs of the oval poos.

Last edited:
Aww :love: lovely photos:love: the 4H show with the wire floor looks horrible :cry: what is 4H by the way?

Aww :love: lovely photos:love: the 4H show with the wire floor looks horrible :cry: what is 4H by the way?

Thank you.
4H is a very popular organization where mostly rural youth learn how to raise animals, learn agriculture, and many other skills related to farm life.

Thank you.
4H is a very popular organization where mostly rural youth learn how to raise animals, learn agriculture, and many other skills related to farm life.

Ah, Thankyou for explaining, I’d heard it mentioned before and wondered what it meant!

Beautiful bunnies, I'm swooning here :love:

Thank you. Dash and Evan were my anniversary present from my spouse. At the time I was told they were waiting for me at the fair, I was not actively looking for more bunnies. Then I saw them and my heart melted. They were only 8 weeks old when I got them. I nicknamed them 'the beebs'. I told them they had to stay cute and little. Little did I know they would do exactly that. Even at 2.5 years Dash is only 1.75 pounds (0.8 kg) and Evan was almost the same weight, just more compact before he went to the bridge.
For such a little bunny, Dash is very tough. He has survived many serious stasis episodes/cecum impactions in his very short life, including one of his worst less than two weeks ago. Dash makes me so happy.

What gorgeous pics :love: Thank you so much for sharing.

As you can see, getting a good picture of Dash is not easy. He either turns away or he is out of focus or blurry (when he stays in the frame at all).
While I would enjoy more pictures to share, the image of his adorable self is burned into my brain for eternity.

What precious bumbas! :love:

Before I lost Evan in December, Dash and Evan would double team me. Dash always is the first to beg, standing on his hind legs and jumping back and forth in front of me. Then Evan would quietly put his paws in the air, tilt his head to one side and give me the 'I am starving' look. Now that Dash does not have Evan, Dash added the 'I love you bunny momma' to his begging routine. He is quite a good actor because once he gets his treat, he ignores me until he is ready for another one.

Thank you. I do not know how my Dash, late Evan, and Madelyn keep their fur so clean and white. It dazzles on a sunny day.
My late Spenser was nicknamed 'Sparklepants' because he was soooo white. He glowed in the dark!

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Back