• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbit and babiess

what happens if my mother rabbit that has babies has like mushyy poo? is that ok? and one more AMAZING THING HAPPEND. i was cleaning the cages and the mother went rtie to her babiess and started FEEDING THEM rite in front of me! at lik 12 in the after noon she stood over the nest on all 4 and they all grab on!!! it was sooo cool! kk byee

Yes that can happen. I often was my Does feeding her babies. Sometimes they don't always mean to feed the little ones, but the babies will just grab hold :lol: As for her droppings, what is she eating? Although veg is very good for mummy’s milk that could make problems if fed it too much.

for some reason they do produce more squishy poos when they have babies but i leave it cause this is the poo they eat to help digestion and sometime the babies will eat the moms poo to help there digestion, cause if i have a ill baby bun that wont poo i will mix moms sloppy poo with antibiotics to help digestion i find this sometimes helps
becky

Back