PDA

View Full Version : Incisor removal, regrowing peg teeth

Bunny Buddy
24-06-2019, 02:26 PM
So, Gilbert my gorgeous Thrianta boy had his incisors removed on 15 November. I've recently become aware of his peg teeth having grown back.

He seems to be eating fine, he eats huge gobfuls of hay! He does have a bit of bother picking up small food like pellets and greens but I guess not having incisors causes that as well.

Can anybody offer any insight? Are they likely to be a problem? Is he likely to have to have them removed again?

Thank you.

Jack's-Jane
24-06-2019, 03:16 PM
So, Gilbert my gorgeous Thrianta boy had his incisors removed on 15 November. I've recently become aware of his peg teeth having grown back.

He seems to be eating fine, he eats huge gobfuls of hay! He does have a bit of bother picking up small food like pellets and greens but I guess not having incisors causes that as well.

Can anybody offer any insight? Are they likely to be a problem? Is he likely to have to have them removed again?

Thank you.

IME if the peg teeth regrow then it usually ends up in having to have them removed xx

Bunny Buddy
24-06-2019, 05:39 PM
IME if the peg teeth regrow then it usually ends up in having to have them removed xx

Thanks Jane. I was hoping not to hear that but expected it. He had a bit of a bad time after his neuter with his skin being inflamed and I think there was similar going on with his face after his teeth were removed. He had a weepy eye for weeks which was put down to unusual amount of swelling.

He's doing fine now but I'm in a right dilemma as the only time I can see his vet this week clashes with a rabbit talk I'm going to tomorrow night which I don't want to miss. He's eating well though so I've been persuaded to move the appointment to next week as I don't think it's bothering him unduly. I can come up with plan B if it starts bothering him.

Thanks again. His Aunty Sam did warn me that this might happen.