• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Older Buns

Zigzag

Alpha Buck
Hello!

One of my bunnies is nearly 9:D, we recently had him checked at CJ Hall and all is well. I have noticed that he’s slowed down, although this could be because his 8 month old partner is so energetic compared to him!

Should I encourage him to move more? Or just go with his slower flow?!

Grateful for any thoughts

Xx

I noticed my bunny Bramble started to slow down in the last year of her life (she was 10 when she passed away naturally). I just let her do what she wanted as she was happy enough in herself and still bossed her younger husband about! Personally, if bunny seems happy and healthy I wouldn’t worry. Having recently got young rabbits they do have a ridiculous amount of energy and capacity for mischief!

Hi, I have the same situation with Tui and Tethra. Tethra is eight and a half and Tui is eighteen months. The difference between them is very noticeable. I don't really encourage Tethra to move more. In fact, when he decides he doesn't want to move he doesn't :lol: It seems perfectly normal and reasonable to me.

I noticed my bunny Bramble started to slow down in the last year of her life (she was 10 when she passed away naturally). I just let her do what she wanted as she was happy enough in herself and still bossed her younger husband about! Personally, if bunny seems happy and healthy I wouldn’t worry. Having recently got young rabbits they do have a ridiculous amount of energy and capacity for mischief!

I agree with this, my male mini lop didn't really change too much then one day he just stopped. Around 9 years ish bit more maybe. My female we had for another year ish after he passed and she seemed fine but the last few months she started to slow down, was fine in herself just a bit slower and napped more [emoji38] never really worried about keeping her active, she just did as she pleased and she still stole my dogs carrots and used to run off with them [emoji38] as long as the bun is okay and happy I'd let them decide what they wanna do :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for responding so quickly :D

Omi- it’s good to hear we are in the same boat! I hope lovely Tui and Tethra are doing well.

Part of me thinks he hasn’t slowed down, as he was pretty slow when he was with Harrison his previous partner. It’s just his slow movements contrast sharply with Winnie’s, which as I said makes me notice things more. I shall not encourage him to move around, and stop worrying as he is eating and pooping well.

I just love to obsess and worry over something :oops:

Back