• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Rabbits and Cats!

anon101

Banned
THIS HAS BEEN CROSS POSTED WITH PERMISSION!!!

This is an urgent request for either foster homes or permanent homes for 54 adult cats and 30 rabbits. A sanctuary on the Wirral (close to Liverpool/Chester) which is run independently by a man called Colin is to be closed down by the council and he has 21 days to rehouse the animals. He has been told he has now to ask for planning permission for his enclosures but has been told he probably will not get it.
If anyone can help, we can transport the animals if necessary to other areas, please contact me and I will arrange help for Colin. This is really urgent as these animals are in danger of being put to sleep as none of us who rescue on the Wirral has any space to take more than a handful as we are all also full and the local RSPCA has closed down for 'refurbishment' for the next 5 months!!!!
Please ring me on 0797 4485263 (I will call you back to save your phone bill) or e mail on KathyCatsrescue@aol.com.
Please pass on to other lists.
Many thanks
Kathy

I've sent her an email to see if she can provide details of the bunnies, like breeds, sexes and whether they're neutered/paired or all singles.

Tam

Obviously I dont know all the circumstances but I think Colin should go and see his local CAB. It sounds like one of his neighbours has complained to me :( .

If colin has been told to submit an application for planning permission, does this mean he is not in a council owned property :?: Not all sheds, pet enclosures etc warrant planning permission. I depends on the size and heights. Before Colin has to go through this stress and anxiety and heartbreaking turmoil, would'nt it be better for him to seek some legal advice first :?: Obviously, more information is required to assess colins position but I would aleast get some advice.

Sorry to be a party pooper, Colin clearly cares about these unwanted animals for him to set up a rescue, it just seems a shame to crush his good work.

Is there any news on this situation? does anyone know how long colin has left out of the 21 days?

She's getting in touch with me monday with all the details after she visits the rescue tommorow to take 6 buns to another rescue.

Tam

Yep, soon as I get them :D All I know so far is 6 are going to another sanctuary so presumably there are 24 left and some of those are in pairs. Hopefuly she'll be giving me a list of breeds, sexes, whether neutered/paired etc.

Tam

Thanks Tamsin :)

If foster homes are offered, is it a case of fostering until a space becomes free at a rescue or does the fosterer find the home :?:

She hasn't got back to me :( I'll give her a ring this evening and see if I can find out any more.

Tam

Back