• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Evo poorly again.

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
I can't believe it! I really thought that cutting fresh foods out of his diet had fixed his tummy problem...... but no, I was with the emergency et at 9pm last night. :?

He was fine when he had his tea at 5pm, but by 8 I could tell he wasn't right. I phoned, and the vet said to bring him now, rather than wait until this morning. Glad I did.... he's back to his usual bouncy, poo-ing self this morning. I always feel that I'm being a bit of a hyperchondriac with him, but better be safe than sorry I guess.

Anyway, the vet is going to give me some metchlopramide & painkillers and teach me how to inject him myself this afternoon. :shock: I'll be glad of having the reassurance of the drugs to hand, but I'm petrified of hurting him. Any advice?

Awwwwwww - poor Evo - he is certainly testing his mum at the mo! - but glad he's better this morning - you must feel like your on a Roller Coaster !

Not much help re the injection advice and hurting etc as I've not had to do this kinda thing (She says touching wood!!) but I'm sure your Vet will give you some good tips and the other Forum Folk - but it will be good for you to have medication on hand that you can give instantly you see a problem with little Evo - I think its great that Vets are becoming more open to us Bunny Mums having medication on hand if our bunns have a reoccuring problem like this.

Snuggles and Nose Rubs to Evo - hope he's o.k.

bunnytales said:
I think its great that Vets are becoming more open to us Bunny Mums having medication on hand if our bunns have a reoccuring problem like this.

I was lucky that the emergency vet last night was the lovely one that has house buns of her own. :D She always seems a bit more interested and entusiastic about bunny treatment than the other vets in the practice.

Sorry to hear Evo is poorly again, hope he makes a full recovery soon.

Its nice to hear when bunny folks have a good vet

Don't worry about injecting, you will only have to inject under the skin which your vet will show you how to do but it will not hurt. Main thing is be brave, if you are gently gently then they know something is going to happen.

Rallybunny said:
Thanks for the reassurance! Still scared though! I have to practise on a n orange 1st! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: evo's skin is like an orange!! :p :lol:

awwwwwwwwwwww poor Evo!! at least he has a great Mummy to give him lots of huggles and see him through his poorly times :)

get well and stay well wishes for Evo x

All was going ok with the practising, until I answered the door to a double glazing salesman with a syringe in my hand! The look on his face! :lol: :oops:

At least you won't be getting bothered by that company again!!
:lol:

Caz

P.S. Hope it goes alright for Evo!

Awwww poor Evo again! and poor you! Was it a blockage again??
My fluffball has had a few episodes of being lethargic and no eating/pooping but as soon as i see this i syringe as much pineapple juice into him as i can and give him lots of dried grass. He seems to perk up within 6-8hrs and so far has worked.

Oh and btw.. us human nurses have to practice injecting oranges before we get near real people!! no idea quite why they choose oranges tho.. think a peach would be more realistic..
Good luck with evo.. hope he stays well now.

Bless, you're really going throug hthe mill. Hope the lovely Evo is feeling better soon and good luck with the needles - my vet offered the same but I was too much of a wuss to do it :oops:

He's still very quiet, but eating and pooing. It doesn't normally taking him this long to bounce back. :(

I'll still take him to the vets, if they're open. But it's nice to have the reassurance that the drugs are there if we need them in an emergency.

Hi Laura - any update on Evo yet ?

When I saw this title I was hoping it was an old one that had resurfaced :?

Hope he's feeling better.

hope evo is on the mend.
did you know that you are partly responsible for me becoming a slave to the buns? well, you posted up a video of the mad evo bezzing around and i just thought, i've got to have some of that action!!
hope evo is bezzing around again soon
xxx

jredk04 said:
hope evo is on the mend.
did you know that you are partly responsible for me becoming a slave to the buns? well, you posted up a video of the mad evo bezzing around and i just thought, i've got to have some of that action!!
hope evo is bezzing around again soon
xxx

Sorry! :oops:

Evo's a bit better today, poos looking a bit more normal....and he's eating without so much coaxing (wallpaper included :shock: ). He's still not himself though, like he's very tired, although he did chase me up and down the hallway for a treat last night. :D

Back