• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie's pawdicure

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Bertie is booked in for a nail clip tomorrow. He hasn't been picked up since I broke my wrist 5 weeks ago, so getting him in the carrier is going to be quite a challenge! Wish me luck...

Good luck! Pickle and Beans will wander into their carriers if I leave them open on the floor and I run up and shut them in. Not sure if they’ll fall for it next time though. They went to get their nails clipped yesterday too. Unfortunately as they have black claws the vet caught the quick on one of Beans nails. Poor little thing squeaked terribly, I felt so guilty and the vet did too! I discovered though that on Pickle’s front paws he has a mix of white and black nails on each paw!
I hope Bertie’s pawdicure goes well.

Thank you both. Bertie is very good at grabbing treats and speeding off with them! He is so much faster than my late bunny, Spenser Milton, was!

Good luck with your pedicure Bertie!

Glingle, I'm afraid to say that in my experience bunnies don't fall for the open carrier trick twice!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Good luck Bertie, you will be even more beautiful when you come home, and I'm sure mummy will have a lovely treat for you :D

Took my bridge boy to the vet for his first claw clip.After that we did it ourselves,buying clippers from pets at home.Rio was mostly white(Tri coloured lop),so his claws were pretty easy When we got his wife bun Cleo she was trickier being an otter blue lop with dark nails.Both had to be scooped up in a towel and "burritoed".:)

Good luck with your pedicure Bertie!

Glingle, I'm afraid to say that in my experience bunnies don't fall for the open carrier trick twice!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

They fall for it every week at the moment! I put the carriers down and trap them in them so that ?I can keep them safe whilst I do a deep clean in the kitchen. Hopefully they won’t associate it with the last vet trip!
The vet suggested that I tried using a nail file on their claws to save the cost of having them clipped. It’s something I haven’t really thought about before as my outdoor buns always keep theirs worn down running about on concrete.

The vet said front paws are usually easier, it's the ticklish big thumpers that they withdraw,sure enough she caught Rio's back foot claw and it bled.He was ok but even vets ain't perfect.;)

My dear Spenser was awful having his nails done. I remember the time he deliberately curled each toe in as the vet worked round them. It made me feel I could really empathise with mothers of small boys who play up at the hairdresser.

Bertie and I are both wide awake. I am about to have a cup of extra strong tea to prepare me for the challenge of getting Bertie in the carrier for his pawdicure appointment.

Back