• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can a Doe smell like a Buck?

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
He/she is 6 months old but I can't see any testicles. I was told it is a female but she definitely smells more Buckish. I have just booked in at the Vets only to discover my favourite Vet is on maternity leave so have to see a new one.

I've never smelt them any different to each other boy and girl. The only smell you get is scent glands, I had a female french lol her always smelt the worst. But that can happen in male or females
If there are no visible testicles then I'd guess you have a for. Vet will confirm this for you

My boys are neutered and they still can make a stinky smell. Boys and Girls both have scent glands so both can have an odor.
Twice I obtained a bunny I was told was a young female, when I actually obtained a young male. You could have a female, yet your vet will know for sure.

Spenser always smelt like one of those gentle talcum powders you used to get for babies. Bertie occasionally has a more buckly scent, but he isn't neutered yet.

Back