• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Up-to-Date Info from Richard Saunders

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Richard Saunders has published a booklet which has been sent to all Vets. In it he says that female rabbits can be spayed from 4 months onwards to avoid hormonal behaviours and can be an easier operation due to the lack of fat which surrounds the organs in an older bunny. I suppose this is good news really only I have always waited for females to be 6 months before getting them spayed.

The surgery is a lot fiddlier before 6 months as the uterus is a tiny, like a thread, when they have reached maturity at around six months it's a lot easier as the uterus is bigger (so various vets have told me!). My local vet will spay from around 4 months but my 'rabbit vets' prefer to wait until 6 months.

The surgery is a lot fiddlier before 6 months as the uterus is a tiny, like a thread, when they have reached maturity at around six months it's a lot easier as the uterus is bigger (so various vets have told me!). My local vet will spay from around 4 months but my 'rabbit vets' prefer to wait until 6 months.
This is what my vet said in the past!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back