• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Misha keeps peeing on me!

Had her bout a month now, and last few days will come up on sofa as normal, jumps on me, pees then goes!
She normally pees in her litter tray.
I have been telling her NO and putting her back in cage for 10 min, today it has been 3 times she has done this, i think i'm getting a cuddle, but nooooo :evil:
It will be next month when she is 5 half months she gets spayed.

yes, its sadly a territory thing, usually seen in unspayed does. the behaviour should hopefully stop 8 weeks post spay, which is the time it takes for hormones to calm down fully! although, its not very nice for you currently.

Can you keep a towel or something handy near you to save your clothes getting wee'd, or waterproof sheet

Thanks, i have towels on the sofa, and one nearby for me, so am doing the right thing with the time out? or will she not understand?
even if it is a kinda compliment, really annoying lol

tbh with you, I don't think rabbits fully understand the meaning of bad behaviour / punishment, not like dogs. I'm not sure what it would be doing in all honesty. my two have never really seemed to understand the correlation between bad behaviour and being in a timeout. Luna once chewed my boots, I put her in the pen, she just didn't care! same for Orion with chewing the carpet..he just..started biting the bars. I don't think they understand the correlation between the two!

Back