• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RAW 4th June - Supporting/promoting rescues

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
With so many rabbits in rescue across the UK, we think rescues would appreciate your help in raising awareness.

For this challenge, we'd like you to help to support and/or promote rescues. Interpret this one however you like. Just a few ideas to get you started:

Share a link to your local rabbit rescue on social media.

Put up a poster somewhere (keep it legal though!).

Contact a rescue to find out if there are any items you can donate (things like newspapers, towels, bin liners etc even always come in useful) or if they need any volunteers.

To tie in with the bunny craft thread, you could sell something you've made to raise funds for a rescue - if you post it in the fundraising section here, make sure you have the rescue's permission. (This also means you can complete two tasks in one). Or you can make some bunny treats for the bake off and send them to a rescue.

The theme for RAW this year is Protect & Prevent so you could donate enough to pay for a vaccination for a rescue rabbit.

Post here to let us know what you've been up to. We'll select someone at random to win a box of goodies from Nature's Own Pets. https://www.naturesownpets.co.uk/ This will close at 2pm on 14th June.

As a little incentive, on top of the prize for this task, I'm also going to select the most inventive, humorous or unusual way of completing this challenge & will personally donate £10 to a rabbit rescue of the winner's choosing.

This is a lovely idea. I now need to focus my mind on what to do, I have ideas, just too many so they are getting jumbled (normal for me)

I’m all for raising awareness of rescues :D I already volunteer for my local rescue so I do most of the above except the crafting - nobody would want anything I’ve made :lol:

First project, poster on rear windscreen of my rust bucket car

ey7Dsky.jpg

pt9AHxm.jpg

Beautiful cards!

Casco, it sounds like you already do plenty without being crafty. Let us know what rescue stuff you're up to this week and you'll be in with a chance to win too. ;)

Joey & Boo best of luck with whichever plan you go with. :)

Not many rabbit rescues in Scotland. Beloved Rabbits work across the central Scotland area and also work with Pets at Home's adoption programme. They are coming to my local store on Saturday so I hope to visit and make a donation.

I have no rescue close enough to offer to volunteer. Nor do I have a crafty bone in my body :lol: I will send a donation to ARC, Twickenham, though to cover the cost of some vaccinations. This is the rescue, who let us adopt our gorgeous Tui girl.

Not many rabbit rescues in Scotland. Beloved Rabbits work across the central Scotland area and also work with Pets at Home's adoption programme. They are coming to my local store on Saturday so I hope to visit and make a donation.
If you turn up there dressed as a bunny, you might win my extra prize..... [emoji6][emoji23]

Omi that's very kind and will be much appreciated, I'm sure.

Saturday is the Ham Fair, Ham is a suburb in London not food, anyway ARC has a stall there. I have a box of the RAW leaflets, information and bunting. We have our own adoption leaflets but nothing as detailed as what came from RAW. I'll be handing these out to people who come to our stall.

Thankyou for the reminder, I have a box of stuff I promised a local rescue so will get back in contact (our last arrangement fell through because something came up my end).

I have printed out some posters for the local rescue at work who use us as their vets, and highlighted they also have rabbits up for adoption which come fully vaccinated, neutered and bonded unless you're looking for a singleton to bond! :thumb:

Dropped a box off at the rescue today (Love Paws in Stapleford). Loads of hay cookies and a couple of bags of Science Selective :)

Back