• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips for a newly bereaved bun

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Lilac is on her own now that Teddy has gone. I don't know what we're going to do yet moving forwards in terms of trying to find a new friend, but I was wondering what tips people have for keeping a newly bereaved bun occupied. She's not really one for toys, particularly plastic ones, but I've bought a food ball and am hiding all of her food now so she has to work for it. She does like cardboard and paper. I'm also giving her as many strokes as she will allow and brushing her so she feels like she's being groomed. I'm just wondering if there's any other ideas people use that I could try to occupy her while we're out at work just in case she gets lonely. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry you are in this situation :cry: does she like chewing sticks, you could give her apple/willow twigs to chew on, maybe a soft toy so long as she doesn’t try to chew it.

I’m so sorry you are in this situation :cry: does she like chewing sticks, you could give her apple/willow twigs to chew on, maybe a soft toy so long as she doesn’t try to chew it.
She doesn't like sticks at all unfortunately, I tried them once before and she just looked at them and hopped away [emoji23] she has a cuddly toy but so far is ignoring it. She is spending more time with us in general, like in the evenings she sits in front of the TV and just chills with us, which I think is her way of saying she likes us.

I would try changing things around in her accommodation, so that it will provide new things to investigate. Also, and I imagine you are already doing this, a few cardboard boxes for her to re-fashion.

I would try changing things around in her accommodation, so that it will provide new things to investigate. Also, and I imagine you are already doing this, a few cardboard boxes for her to re-fashion.
Thanks, I've moved things around today and got some new toys out. She has a couple of boxes that I've placed in prime positions for her too. She seems okay so far, thanks for the suggestions [emoji106]

maybe a carrot cottage, they are good to chew and destroy, they make a bit of a mess but worth it to see them have fun. Hope she's ok bless her xx

maybe a carrot cottage, they are good to chew and destroy, they make a bit of a mess but worth it to see them have fun. Hope she's ok bless her xx
I saw one of those in PAH the other day (don't normally shop there but just popped in looking for toys for her), I wasn't sure if they are worth it or not. I'll give one a try and see what she thinks of it.

I saw one of those in PAH the other day (don't normally shop there but just popped in looking for toys for her), I wasn't sure if they are worth it or not. I'll give one a try and see what she thinks of it.

Mine love them!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back