• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Avoid Having Hot Cross Buns This Weekend and the Summer Ahead

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
According to the Weather Forecast it is going to be quite hot this weekend and we may be in for an exceptionally hot Summer. Time to make sure our Rabbits have all they need to help them stay cool and comfortable. Rabbits do not cope at all well in very hot weather.

Jpq8fcy.jpg

There are some useful tips on these links

https://www.rabbitawareness.co.uk/2017/06/15/too-hot-to-handle/

https://best4bunny.com/keep-rabbits-cool-summer-simple-top-tips/

Thanks Jane, I've been desperately looking for tips to keep my buns cool, without much luck. Those links were great

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes much cooler up here, so less of a worry. I really feel for all of you with pets, when it's hot down there. We do get our moments up here, but doesn't last as long-usually !

My house is freezing in summer, stupid big old thick walls. i hope everybun stays cool and comfortable

Thanks Jane, I've been desperately looking for tips to keep my buns cool, without much luck. Those links were great

Hello, sorry I missed this post yesterday. I'm old and my brain needs rebooting on a regular basis ! Anyway, I am glad the links were helpful and welcome to RU. Hope you'll keep posting xx

RU has been very helpful so far, I've been lurking in the shadows since I rehomed my pair of rabbits 5 weeks ago

Personally I'd rather be up North !
There's a reason I stayed! Hoping my parents make it on Saturday as they don't much like the heat, so they'll be glad to be up here rather than west Essex :)

I've got a couple of granite circles from when Homebase near me closed, perfect for this sort of thing :) Our house is usually pretty cool as well, it's just the bunnies that are in the sun (some of their area anyway).

Last edited:
Back