• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teddy may be at the end of his journey [emoji3525]

Orenoko

Mama Doe
I had a feeling something wasn't right with Teddy yesterday, then this morning he didn't eat much, by this evening he was off his food completely. He's been to the vet, they've examined him and there's nothing obvious that would be contributing, so sadly we think he's now just deteriorating and everything might be getting too much for him.

He's been given medication and painkillers for 24 hours to see if he improves and to at least make him comfortable, but I don't know how successful that will be. I also don't want to just maintain him on painkillers just for him to have any sort of quality of life as I don't think it's fair.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for him overnight and will check on him during the night to see if he's perked up at all, for now Lilac is sitting with him keeping him company, she is a sweet nurse for him bless her.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry:cry: I hope that he can recover, I’m sending lots of vibes for him and hugs for you xx

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs, plus lots of vibes for your precious, special boy.

Sending millions of vibes for Teddy. Such a gorgeous and special boy who continues to enjoy the special life you have given him, and he has with you. xx

So sorry to hear this, sending lots of vibes and love for little Teddy, thinking of you both, and Lilac too xxxx

I am sorry to hear this. I am sending lots and lots vibes and loves for your special Teddy. Teddy Is a gorgeous little fighter

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much. Sadly we had to help Teddy over the bridge this evening, he just started to deteriorate, I sat with him and I just knew he was trying to tell me it was time. Lilac came with us and we were all able to say goodbye to him. He was such a fighter with a massive personality who taught me so much about rabbits with additional needs and not giving up on them. Thank you to everyone for all of their help and advice over the last 18 months or so, it's been invaluable [emoji3590]

Thank you all so much. Sadly we had to help Teddy over the bridge this evening, he just started to deteriorate, I sat with him and I just knew he was trying to tell me it was time. Lilac came with us and we were all able to say goodbye to him. He was such a fighter with a massive personality who taught me so much about rabbits with additional needs and not giving up on them. Thank you to everyone for all of their help and advice over the last 18 months or so, it's been invaluable [emoji3590]

Oh I am so very sorry that you had to let him go :cry: But it was obviously the most loving and compassionate thing to do. I can empathise with how heartbreaking it is for you :cry: RIP Teddy xx

Thank you all for your kind words. Lilac is being extra friendly this morning so I'm trying to make a big fuss of her. She stayed with him the whole time at the vets yesterday and was so well behaved. In a weird way it was a 'good' death in that we were all there and I'm just glad Lilac got to say goodbye as I fully believe they know when something is wrong so I wanted her to be there.

Back