• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies have their own routine?

loobers25

Warren Veteran
My definitely do. They are awake all night and get breakfast around 6.30 am. Dennis then takes him self off for a sploof in the PMH carriage by the window. Syrup then climbs on all the PMH looking for scraps. Once she is satisfied there is no more food to be found she then joins Dennis for a snooze. I give them some lunch in the carriage at 12.40 and then they both emerg from the carriage at 6.30pm. They have dinner and sploof out of the hay carpet. They are then up all night!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Treacle sleeps all night, is let into the lounge from "her" room (the extension) bombs around then tries to climb up my legs for her slice of narnie. Narnie eaten, she has some breakfast, then flops on the rug under the coffee table. If weather good she may go out on lawn, in pen, of not she has run of lounge until about 10 pm, most of it spent on rug and being fussed by me, then supper and bedtime :D

The boys start at about 7.30 with fisty cuffs at the prison gates, breakfast at 8.30. Hay eating, synchronised washing & mooching, then snoozing. Above is repeated at about 6pm & midnight. From 11am til 4 both bunny parties tend to sleep under stuff but in the evening they are out in the 'open'. i don't know what they do from midnight til morning - except for Boo. Her daytime routine is the same but she comes to bed with us at midnight. She used to sleep under the bed all night - the only sound was her snoring. Recently she has started c;imbing all over, evacuating her litter tray & doing circuits. The princess is carried down in my arms in time for forage breakfast

What a bunderful question.
I'm usually up about 5:30am every day - the result of way too many years of wanting to be at work early (flexi time days) so when I come downstairs, Hillian are cosied up together in the kitchen/diner. Henry is usually on guard, Lillian sphynx like and half asleep. She expects breakfast nomms early so I have to top up the bowls with small handful of pellets and some freshly chopped and sliced greens, a smattering of parsley and every few days, a few slices of carrots. If it's nice in the morning, I'll let them out for a run - Lillian is usually pushing her nose at the back door wanting to go out. Henry usually retreats to the sanctuary of the box house in the kitchen and Lillian will have a short run outside. If it's not so nice, they come into the living room and Henry demands to be let into the hallway and kitchen and then he goes upstairs and sits on the landing outside our bedroom. Lillian just sits under the table.
I'm at work from just before 8am so they are back in and tucked up for the day with the radio on so (quiet) they feel not quite so alone.
I'm back at about 5:30 and they are let straight out and they stay there til about 7:30/8pm whilst I cook and keep an eye on them.
Once in, they sit in the living room under the table and chill.
At about 9:30pm, they both take themselves into the kitchen to bed. Henry usually goes into the box and Lillian sits in the open on the soft mat, eating more freshly chopped greens and parsley and perhaps the occasional redcurrant for taking themselves to bed.
Weekends they tend to go outside for longer and, on days like today when the O/H is off (halfterm), then they have the option to stay outside or come in.
I try as much as I am able to, to allow them to have their own choices and give them the freedom when they want it. But I also want them to feel as though this is their safe sanctuary and their default go to place if they feel they need it.

Back