• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lawnmower Lillian

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Lillian (and Henry) have been enjoying the bank holiday sunshine and Lillian has been hard at work mowing the lawn.
iCnK6R0.jpg
[/IMG]

And if you look closely, you'll see hus-bun Henry watching from the distance....
Q6yWF2C.jpg
[/IMG]

And finally she poses.....
DVXnLl8.jpg
[/IMG]

Your garden looks lovely. I would love to let mine run free like that but I would never catch them. How do you manage?

Your garden looks lovely. I would love to let mine run free like that but I would never catch them. How do you manage?

A very good question Rhianna. And for all those wondering - this is the daily routine.
Right - you can see Henry hiding in the distance? That's a little dividing strip and there's a small square of lawn behind that. There's a pear tree there. Now, if we're really lucky, and I mean really lucky, Lillian will decide it's time to come in and she'll make her own way down and into the house. Henry usually follows but it has to be really late.
But, 99.9% of the time, I have to go and tell them it's time for bed. Where they sit (where you see Henry), they can see me coming and it's a great location. So I walk up to them and Lilllian decides to go the other way to the pear tree and 'have a pee'. It's a deliberate act - she does it every time. Then she pretends to want to do a poo. Stalling tactics.
After a few minutes of stand off, I try to coax her and she runs round the tree, hops down the garden and then slips me a dummy and does a lap of the goldfish pond before heading back up the garden. Henry meanwhile, sits watching!
Round 2 is more of the same but I tend to get a bit of steam up behind Lillian and she usually then goes into the kitchen. One in, one to go.
Henry usually likes to use the path as runway and after a wiggle through the bushes, he then zooms down the path, checking every so often that I'm behind him - which I am but about 20 feet behind! I follow him and generally get him in, and then they both get a treat reward with some dried cranberries.
We play this game every night. Some nights are more exhausting than others.:lol:

Back