• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed to send email

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like there may be a little bug somewhere which means you may receive this message when you post or send a pm

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /users/t/tam/www/includes/emailer.php

The post or pm will be sent its just the email notification that is usually sent out won't be.

Tam

No just get the error message and de-bug. It has worked on the site does it mean my pm has been sent then :?:

Yep, if your getting the message I posted above then the pm did get sent.

The error is because the board is having trouble sending the email saying 'you have a new private message' afterwards.

I think its probably the host has changed a setting somewhere so I will contact them to see.

In the mean time please don't panic, ignore the error, all it means is you won't get an emails from the forum. Everything else will work fine.

Tam

Yep, the host have temporarily changed something. Give me half an hour and I'll attempt to disable the email thingy so the error stops appearing.

Tam

I think I've stopped the error appearing, let me know if you see it again.

At the moment the board won't send out any emails to notify about pm of replies to posts. It will stay this way while the host sorts out some issues, no idea when that will be though.

Tam

Back