• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Incontinence Mats

Stator

Warren Veteran
Anyone got any tips for machine washable mats for a rabbit?

I'm currently using these:
https://www.therange.co.uk/pets/dogs/dog-beds-and-blankets/memory-foam-pet-mat#940796

They are very comfortable, but not all that absorbant. They are also a bit big and you can only fit one in the washing machine with difficulty.

I want something like a nappy that really absorbs the wee so she doesn't have wee left in her coat.

It also has to be very comfortable, which vet bed isn't.

Anyone got any tips for machine washable mats for a rabbit?

I'm currently using these:
https://www.therange.co.uk/pets/dogs/dog-beds-and-blankets/memory-foam-pet-mat#940796

They are very comfortable, but not all that absorbant. They are also a bit big and you can only fit one in the washing machine with difficulty.

I want something like a nappy that really absorbs the wee so she doesn't have wee left in her coat.

It also has to be very comfortable, which vet bed isn't.
So I was gunna say vet bed.. With a puppy pad under [emoji38] the more expensive ones are pretty comfy, the standard and non slip are okay, we have a gold one? Or something it's so deep and plush.. Not like the standard vet bed.

If not vet bed what about a memory foam bath mat? They're super comfy under foot, and absorbant - just a thought :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Would washable potty training bed mats be any good? Or washable puppy pads, or picnic blankets?

I’m not sure how comfortable they would be though...,

As above, for my oldies; puppy pads under vet bed. Bought some years ago online from Profleece - I think (if they are still around). I got a large size so I could cut it to smaller bits to fit in my washing machine. They have lasted me for about 18years.

I use a double layer of old towels on top of puppy pads. The towels are easily washed and the puppy pads are disposed of, but you go through fewer than puppy pads alone. the floor is protected and the pads don't get chewed or dug up.

You could also use something like towelling waterproof mattress protectors (used for toddlers etc) under towelling. If they are fitted, the skirt bit is easy to cut off. I have a couple of squares as well. They are easily washable and an alternative to puppy pads.

Last edited:
I use puppy pads on top of vet bed. Though I’m just about to change to machine washable puppy pads - saving the planet and all that x

What about fleece with zorb and fleece again, all sewn together like guinea pig cage liners?

My Pinterest feed is going to be interesting for a while after looking at the links on this thread :lol:

I also used the dog mat from Jacob's Den. The characteristics of these rugs fully correspond to the declared qualities, and I don't think that there can be any problems with their washing

I used to use a series of old quilt covers with fleeces & towels. It worked well for us I'd just wash the soiled bits each day & the fleeces dried really easy & took up little room in washing machine

Back