• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does a senior bun eat less than her younger self?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I notice my bun current weight is 2.075 KG. She's a Dutch. About 10 mth. ago, in July 2018, she's 2.223 Kg. So in 10 mth. time frame, she lost 148 gram.

Now 2 KG is still a good weight for a Dutch, but I wonder if a senior bun eats less compare to her younger self. Is there any senior bun owner out there

Currently, my bun Minnie is 12.5 yr. old

No, all my older buns eat as much as they always have, and I tend to give Dusty 10.5yrs a little bit more and he would eat all day!

Treacle is just turned 6, and still eats well, if anything maybe a little more than her younger self !

does she have any other ailments / conditions that have come on later in life, such as arthritis? I noticed my bunnies appetite picked up once she was settled on metacam (I also give her oxbow joint support & some Omega 3 treats)

she's currently having arthritis. She has been on Oxbow joint support for a few yr. now.

what's the brand of Omega 3 treats? is it a rabbit pellet or tablet? because there are long term side effect on metacam, I don't want to use it unless it's absolutely necessary. How old is your bun? HOw long has she been on metacam?

Back