• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Following on from Sophie's thread

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
I have just noticed my neighbours have painted their fence. I don't know when but it must be recent. Sophie is on this side of the fence which separates our gardens so was wondering if it could have been this which made her ill. The neighbour did inform me last year that they would be spray-painting the fence and I was worried about it then.

Hmm, if they’ve sprayed it and she has breathed in the mist I suppose it could have. I hope she is still ok?

She's really good thank you Zoobec. Funnily enough the neighbours called to me over the fence to say they were painting their side but ok it is water based. So whether they did spray the other fence or not I don't know. I was in the garden while they were doing it and I didn't detect anything in the air.

It might just be coincidence then, if you didn’t detect anything in the air yourself :? It can carry quite a bit, my neighbour painted their side of a high fence and didn’t tell us, and we discovered our cars parked on the drive the other side of the fence were covered in overspray :shock:

It might just be coincidence then, if you didn’t detect anything in the air yourself :? It can carry quite a bit, my neighbour painted their side of a high fence and didn’t tell us, and we discovered our cars parked on the drive the other side of the fence were covered in overspray :shock:

Oh dear. Were you able to remove it? The neighbours decided to have a bonfire last night. I rushed to close the windows but it was coming across the garden. Someone shouted something and they put it out. Thank goodness!

Oh dear. Were you able to remove it? The neighbours decided to have a bonfire last night. I rushed to close the windows but it was coming across the garden. Someone shouted something and they put it out. Thank goodness!

Yes, luckily it came off with a lot of elbow grease :lol:

I’m glad they put it out !

Back