• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First non routine vet visit

imona

New Kit
Had a little unplanned trip to the vets. Somehow, Gus managed to get a tiny chunk of his genital sheath caught in something. It bled a little, but I guess it was more of a scrape. I'm baffled at how he managed it. I don't believe it was a fight, because my two have never been aggressive, even during hormonal peak pre-neuter. Just chasing and grumps. I noticed within a few hours of it happening, since I always check the boys bottom region when I pick them up, especially now flystrike season is here.

He was such a brave boy at the vets. Let her examine him, then came running off to me for cuddles. Took the ointment like a champ, and then took his preventative antibiotics without a fuss (the evil baytril). I think he actually likes baytril because he kept licking the syringe for more.

I was never too worried because his appetite, drinking and droppings were all good. I always thought the first non-routine vet run would be stasis. I didn't think it'd be something so random.

I guess this topic is: We survived our first non-routine vet visit. I also learned Gus is 2.2kg, which means I really underestimated how big a bun he is. Not that his weight is an issue. I just thought he was closer to 1.7kg. I really need new scales.

I'm kind of giddy because I didn't sleep last night at all! Was too concerned, even though he was acting fine. Even came up to my bed and gave me a bunny kiss to the face unprompted.

Oh poor Gus, that sounds sore, but well done for being such a good boy at the vets, and taking all your meds. A bunny kiss in bed-priceless :love:

Ouch, I hope Gus's injury heals up quickly. If one Bunny 'head humps' another this can result in the Bunny doing the humping getting a nip on the willy xx

Back