• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Magpie girls 12 weeks

marshall

Young Bun
I run a small animal rescue and do not usually take in rabbits - but another rescue was over flowing and so I took on these girls. They are very friendly and sweet and are looking for a new forever home together in or around the Brighton area. Homechecks will be given.
Potential homes need to understand hat these girls will need to be neutrered when they are around 5 /6 months and they can get quite grumpy buns if not dne and suffer from possible health problems. The usual cost of this is around £50 a bun.

rabbit_1682.jpg

i've looked at this rabit before, i'm surprised there has been no interest! she's adorable. my girl is still really territorial so i cannot look to get a number 4 just yet. good luck, i'm sure someone will snap her and her friends up soon

I am surprised too that these two have not been snapped up :(

Marshall, I know that your would prefer to rehome in and around Brighton but would you not consider rehoming them anywhere else in the country. People might not be coming forward as they live to far away from you. Seems a shame to pass an opportunity of a loving home for them based on distance.

I'm confused as to what size they will become. I've done a google search on magpie rabbits and different sites state medium to large breed and small breed. They are cute.....

luvabun said:
I'm confused as to what size they will become. I've done a google search on magpie rabbits and different sites state medium to large breed and small breed. They are cute.....

Are you tempted then Jill :D

luvabun said:
Denny said:

Are you tempted then Jill :D

No point 'cos I don't live near Brighton..... but they are cute.....me, tempted by cute bunnies :?: :roll:[/quote]

But what a nice day out :D I have heard Brighton is a very nice place to visit this time of year :D Take your pet carrier with you though just in case :wink:

Just to let people know that Magpie rabbits will grow medium-large, about 3-4kg (6-8lbs) off the top of my head.

Very friendly though :D

Rachel

Magpies are gorgeous. My Isadora is the friendliest of any of my rabbits. She is a big girl though. It is a good thing these babies are so far away as I would be sorely tempted otherwise, and I really don't have any more room for rabbits (although I have room for female piggies and a pair of hamsters or gerbils).
isadora.jpg

All of the animals coming out of the rescue have a homecheck - so new homes would need to be somewhere that I could check - say hastings, chichester, portsmouth - within about two hours drive. For what i understood these were going to be small to medium as they are crossbred with a med lop - but I guess you never know. They are doing really well and are almost litter trained now - within their hutch - we will start to try outside soon. They are very fast little things and love to sprint around going crazy!!

marshall said:
All of the animals coming out of the rescue have a homecheck - so new homes would need to be somewhere that I could check - say hastings, chichester, portsmouth - within about two hours drive. !!

That rules me out then, however tempted I may be

doorkeeper said:
Magpies are gorgeous. My Isadora is the friendliest of any of my rabbits. She is a big girl though. It is a good thing these babies are so far away as I would be sorely tempted otherwise, and I really don't have any more room for rabbits (although I have room for female piggies and a pair of hamsters or gerbils).
isadora.jpg

Is'nt she a bigggg pretty girl :D she looks very similiar to Tracey's Muddle, is Muddle a magpie as well :?:

luvabun said:
marshall said:
All of the animals coming out of the rescue have a homecheck - so new homes would need to be somewhere that I could check - say hastings, chichester, portsmouth - within about two hours drive. !!

That rules me out then, however tempted I may be

Yup, me too...

I am sorry that it rules people out , but I hope you understand the need to carryout homechecks for these fluffies? There have been so many willing homes for rats and things before only to be presented with the worst possible living conditions for them! I like to know what type of home my rescues are going to and meet their new owners.

Back