• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

13 rabbit rescue update!

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
You may remember me from a couple of months back where I rescued 13 neglected rabbits who were being allowed to breed freely. What a massive journey we have been on!

I am now set up as a full time rabbit rescue, have a good relationship with a vet who are providing me with discounts and now rescuing more bunnies! 13 rabbits was a lot to look after to begin with with no preparation. I rehomed 2 myself to people who have vaccinated them and I trust will spay (won't be allowing any unspayed/unneutered rabbits go now that I am a rescue!). I got 6 rescue spaces and 3 of them already have homes. I have fully vaccinated the remaining 6 and I have had the mum spayed. I am keeping 3 babies and rehoming the other 2 babies and mum once they are spayed and bonded with their new friends! I have also rescued another 4 and have one in foster ready to come to me when the mum is gone.

This adventure has been incredible stressful but on the whole has done wonders for my serious mental illnesses. Having a purpose and making a difference has been so amazing and I am so excited to continue. This isn't a plug but feel free to follow the rescue on my facebook page if you would like to! https://www.facebook.com/Ivy-Dene-Rabbit-Rescue-454166815368809/

Here are some photos of the bunnies!
PgugSKH.jpg
J27u9Wb.jpg
eu7Ygg5.jpg
LWbLAo8.jpg
jG9gxgO.jpg
0uIqA9f.jpg
pBS1wHt.jpg

Good to hear that something so positive has come out of this, though do be prepared for it to take over your entire life :lol: People expect you to be available quite literally 24/7. I do hope you manage to gain a good following of supporters and that it takes off for you. Just another tip too, rehoming is far better in the summer than during the winter. Coming into autumn i would perhaps reduce your intake a little until you gauge how rehoming goes, and that way you won’t end up with a home full of bunnies and no in/outs :) Good Luck!

Back