• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carriers?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
the age old question :lol:

the rabbits just pushed the carrier off of the bed some how and broke it :cry: I'm really annoyed if I'm honest. I didn't have space for anywhere else and now its broken..I can't blame them of course but I'm still angry (and I'm grumpy anyways).

I'm tempted just to order another cabrio as I had but tbh it feels really cramped with both bunnies in there. I realise it probably doesn't matter much but as I travel an hour in the car..it would be nice maybe if they had something more spacious? I'm not sure. I guess theres not any room for them to either consider moving around and they're cramped up on top of one another, it concerns me in the summer months too, as they're almost on top of one another. tbh with you, Luna's a fattie..and her alone in the carrier doesn't leave much for anything else :lol:

idk if theres really anything bigger than a cabrio tho..most seem to be the same size??

it needs to be able to be carried by me..so nothing too heavy (also factoring in 4.5kg of rabbit....)

maybe I'll just go with the cabrio again if everything is much of a muchness but I'd be interested in looking into others

I've just got a basic one from P at H for Treacle, I'd never trust the handle, and always carry her in my arms. You'd be pushed to get 2 in there though ! I keep saying I'll design my own, I think we RU'ers should could come up with one !

I’m not sure but I think people have mentioned spare parts for the cabrio, might be worth a try?

I’m not sure but I think people have mentioned spare parts for the cabrio, might be worth a try?
Yeah I've seen spare parts somewhere too - I was going to get a new door for mine because the plastic isn't clear any more (it must be 10 years old [emoji23]) but it's not worth it now it's too small.

Which bits are broken? You might be able to get them really cheap from catit.

yea I did consider getting spare parts but tbh with you I was thinking about getting something bigger anyways as with the two of them in there theres not much room for anything else :/ I can't really put anything in there like hay, or even water via the front, because its a real squish getting both of them in there.

I realise they don't need a 6ft space to jump about in on vet trips as its such a short amount of time. but when I brought Orion home in the carrier by himself he really wanted to move about or fully lie down on his side, he can't do that in the cabrio with Luna, neither of them can. they're pretty much stuck in the positions I put them in.

I was thinking about getting something else anyways, just bad timing as I was going to give it to my parents for sherlock as we still don't have a carrier for him.. :roll: I give up honestly.

That's fair enough and I know what you mean about it being a squish. Freddie can't stand up in ours now and, even lying down, he had to curl himself round to fit in. [emoji23][emoji23]

I hope you find something suitable.

See both my sets of buns are bigger than yours and they both fit in okay? [emoji38] Bit squished but they lay out etc.. Idk! Will have to get a bigger one for all 4 of them though [emoji38] then I'll have to get rid of the old ones, we have so many damn carriers it's unreal [emoji38] my issue was I didn't realise how big Atticus and Clementine would get, having had only mini lops... I seriously underestimated it.. Think we have about 4 different normal carriers of varying sizes, one was for my cat... Not even one bun fits in that one.. [emoji38] Then we have 3 of those cat ones that open from the top [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

idk they seem really cramped in there :( Luna's a pretty big girl, she weighs I think..2.7kg now.. thats a good weight for her. my friend who breeds mini rex's has told me she's a false dwarf..so she never got the dwarf gene from her parents leaving her at a larger than normal mini rex :lol: they just don't have a lot of room and they cant really lay down or w/e else which kinda sucks. I might just stick with it, I'm not sure.

altho, ngl, I'd love a different color of the carrier :lol: not that important ofc but when I brought it they only had orange I think..theres so many different pretty colors now!

idk they seem really cramped in there :( Luna's a pretty big girl, she weighs I think..2.7kg now.. thats a good weight for her. my friend who breeds mini rex's has told me she's a false dwarf..so she never got the dwarf gene from her parents leaving her at a larger than normal mini rex :lol: they just don't have a lot of room and they cant really lay down or w/e else which kinda sucks. I might just stick with it, I'm not sure.

altho, ngl, I'd love a different color of the carrier :lol: not that important ofc but when I brought it they only had orange I think..theres so many different pretty colors now!
False dwarf makes sense :D I have three different colours of carriers so i refer to them differently: black for the tiny one, purple for the Trixie top-opener, and cream for the catit. I have a catit cabrio and it fits my two... comfortably. They're never in it for long but I do worry if it's warm, but they can bypass each other (they're 2.5kg each, Lopsy's wide and Aboleth's long). When I dropped a couple of little Dutches off to TLC they went in it and I kept my hoodie over the front as the aircon blasting at it to keep them cool, as it was a hot sunny day, driving into the sun!

I find ferplast carriers quite good - I don’t own any myself but have used a few through the rescue I volunteer with and they seem quite well made. I love my cabrio but mine is also broken (tipped it up to get hay out forgetting the door just sits on hinges!) and I haven’t bothered buying a replacement door and it’s a snug fit for my 3.

Back