• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does my rabbit do this?

Rosie132

Young Bun
I’ll be sitting on my phone and he’ll run over and pull at my clothes and nibble at them. He’s never bit me hard but sometimes when I’m stroking him he nips me gently. I think this is him telling me off lol. He also sprints round me and likes sitting behind me. Why does he do all this?

All rabbits are individuals, so it would be difficult to say exactly why he does the things he does. However, it sounds to me like he's a happy bunny if he approaches you, wants to get to know you, and is learning to trust you. Sprinting around is normal happy bunny behaviour :D

All rabbits are individuals, so it would be difficult to say exactly why he does the things he does. However, it sounds to me like he's a happy bunny if he approaches you, wants to get to know you, and is learning to trust you. Sprinting around is normal happy bunny behaviour :D

Thank you and that’s good then. Why does he nip at my clothes though?

It sounds like teenage loving behaviour! Circling and honking are more obvious signs. Hopefully you wont get to the spraying stage before he is neutered!

Back