• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kitchen renovation and Priscilla

willowflower27

Mama Doe
Firstly I hope this is in the correct place apologies if it isn't,
I am getting a kitchen renovation by my local council as mine has been pronounced unfit, my question is what should i do with Princess P?
I don't really have anywhere to put her and unfortunately due to timing etc I can't get time off from work so she faces being left in the spare room whilst they rip out kitchen and replace it
I have 2 options
1.leave her at home in her environment and hope she isn't to upset by the noise
Or
2. Take her to work with me (I work in a vet) which means a car journey and exposure to the noise of other animals and people etc plus my cat is also going to work so she will have a car journey with him

I'm not sure which she will find less stressful?
How have people on here managed home improvement with a house bunny
Many thanks in advance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Unless shes a majorly stressy rabbit I'd take her into work with me , but the night before. I read a journal article yesterday (also work at the vets ��) and it said rabbits should be admitted the night before so they can adjust to their new surroundings, apparently it also reduces post op mortality. So that's what I did when Charlie needed to come in yesterday. It makes sense really, let them adjust to the change over night when it's nice and quite then it's one less thing for them spend the day stressed about ��

I agree, I think it depends how stressy she is in general. Alfie was always pretty laid back so I think he would have settled better at the vet than being at home with lots of noise.

I hope the renovation goes well, we still haven't heard when ours is going to be done!

She seems pretty laid back it's just not an option to leave her overnight at my work so she'll need to come back and forward with me the whole kitchen thing is so stressful o just want ot done now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I can imagine. I'm dreading mine and we don't even have a date. [emoji23][emoji23]

How well does she travel and is it far? I'd probably still go with taking her away from the noise and having her with you so at least you can monitor. But a lot hinges on personality. I'm so indecisive with my own animals - it's always much easier advising someone else [emoji23][emoji23] - so I hope you can reach a decision you feel comfortable with.

Aboleth's a terrible traveller but also pretty rubbish with noise. Lopsy's deaf as a post, couldn't give a monkey's about most things and travels really well :lol: I'd still probably take Aboleth with me, as she's fine with new places and the journeys have never been a problem for her once they're over.

Back