• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

whimzees - how dangerous to rabbits?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
ofc not my intention to let them get ahold of one [emoji2356]

it was this, they’re a vegetarian dog treat: https://www.whimzees.com/products/alligator/

totally clueless as to how they got it as it was on top of the gerbil cage and they couldnt have pushed it down.

not totally eaten but a good chunk is chewed

both are eating fine and there’s output so ?

damn rabbits [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have no idea, perhaps your vet could advise over the phone if it’s likely to be a problem or put your mind at rest. I hope they’re okay x

Having checked the ingredients, I would just keep an eye on the rabbits for a day or so. As long as they are eating and pooing normally, I wouldn't be too worried.

NATURAL INGREDIENTS:
POTATO STARCH, GLYCERIN, POWDERED CELLULOSE, LECITHIN, YEAST, MALT EXTRACT, SWEET LUPINE MEAL, ANNATTO EXTRACT COLOR, ALFALFA EXTRACT

rabbits/sweets

ofc not my intention to let them get ahold of one [emoji2356]

it was this, they’re a vegetarian dog treat: https://www.whimzees.com/products/alligator/

totally clueless as to how they got it as it was on top of the gerbil cage and they couldnt have pushed it down.

not totally eaten but a good chunk is chewed

both are eating fine and there’s output so ?

damn rabbits [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dear binkycodie,-I agree with observation,as a precaution,offer lots of grasses,and water-however rabbits are very resourceful .--sweets like sugar products,molasses,will change the gi tract flora to a serious negative effect,with a dreadful serious outcome--sincerely james waller from across the great pond,usa:love::wave:

Last edited:
thank you all :love: they seem to be ok. nice golden output still, i think we've escaped unharmed. have removed the treats and put them in a box which i hope thye won't be able to get ahold of! nothing seems too harmful for them, but ofc not healthy and ideal either.

Back