• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and mice

Jolysium

Mama Doe
Hi everyone!

Are mice an issue around rabbits?! We’ve got a mouse (I call him Pete) who comes and snacks on the bits of bird seed underneath the feeder. He’s very bold and will come out and explore even when I’m a metre away. Harrison and he pretty much ignore each other so far.

Thanks,

Jo
03bd34f8708945bc6a3b5976c413531d.jpg

Hi everyone!

Are mice an issue around rabbits?! We’ve got a mouse (I call him Pete) who comes and snacks on the bits of bird seed underneath the feeder. He’s very bold and will come out and explore even when I’m a metre away. Harrison and he pretty much ignore each other so far.

Thanks,

Jo
03bd34f8708945bc6a3b5976c413531d.jpg

Mice are vectors of certain diseases including EC so I would try to relocate Pete if possible.

So cute! :love: I adore mice and rats. Me and my mom were just discussing the other day how we don't ever see any mice.

Yeah as Jane said things like EC is possible.

Tbh though I wonder how many people let their rabbits out to play and don't realize the nighttime visitors they have. Just a thought.

I mean, I know I have a variety of daytime and nighttime visitors of many different species of animals and I'm sure they all could carry something. Even robins etc can.

Not sure what the solution to that is, besides just having an aviary with a roof for rabbits.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any way of relocating Pete, he’s just visiting my patio occasionally from his home in the wilderness the other side of the fence.

Hmmm. Tricky.

Back