• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccinations.

Rosie132

Young Bun
A few days ago I brought a new rabbit. He is 3 months old this weekend and I want to vaccinate him and neuter him as soon as I can. However, I am worried if I take him to the vet to get him the vaccine he will associate me with bad things since I’m at the stage of trying to earn his trust. Will associate me with bad things?

mine have given me the stink eye for the rest of the day, but they've always forgiven me the next day :)

that being said though, I think the safety of their health is far more important than our bond with them. the very real risk is that without the vaccines, your bunny could unfortunately die. he may be a bit upset with you, but its far more important to make sure he is healthy and protected over how much he loves you. he can't love you if he has passed away; as harsh as that is to say.

make sure you get both vaccines, nobivac (rhd1 & myxi) and filivac (rhd2), they need to be done two weeks apart :)

mine have given me the stink eye for the rest of the day, but they've always forgiven me the next day :)

that being said though, I think the safety of their health is far more important than our bond with them. the very real risk is that without the vaccines, your bunny could unfortunately die. he may be a bit upset with you, but its far more important to make sure he is healthy and protected over how much he loves you. he can't love you if he has passed away; as harsh as that is to say.

make sure you get both vaccines, nobivac (rhd1 & myxi) and filivac (rhd2), they need to be done two weeks apart :)

Yes, I agree with BC :thumb: mine usually forgive me very quickly, or at least by pellet o’clock anyway :lol:

Yeah I’m definitely getting it done either way but I was just wondering if he’d forgive me or if he’d just see me as something that hurts him. I’m thinking of apologising with some fruit lol.

Back