• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mini rex......

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
2.7kg.
something doesn’t add up [emoji2955][emoji38][emoji38]

luna’s gained weight!! that being said she’s at a good weight. her spine is a bit boney but that’s just fine. probably because they get separate pellet so now she gets her share over orion taking his and hers.

had her vacs today and they’re not happy campers! even tho orion had nothing done [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, not so mini indeed! People are always surprised and think my rabbits must be huge when i say they're 2.5kg! They're not small rabbits, certainly, but they're pretty average I think :)

Ha ha, not so mini indeed! People are always surprised and think my rabbits must be huge when i say they're 2.5kg! They're not small rabbits, certainly, but they're pretty average I think :)
Yea Atticus is my smallest at 3kg... The white buns are in a class of their own... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] But mine are all large breeds I guess

Wow, she's much bigger than my 2 standard rexes and much much bigger than my mini. [emoji38]
How big are your standard rexes? D:

Clementine is an absolute unit.. She stays at 3.6kg basically Atticus is 3kg.. Starting to wonder if mine are... Big boned... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Both of mine are standard rexes.

2.7kg.
something doesn’t add up [emoji2955][emoji38][emoji38]

luna’s gained weight!! that being said she’s at a good weight. her spine is a bit boney but that’s just fine. probably because they get separate pellet so now she gets her share over orion taking his and hers.

had her vacs today and they’re not happy campers! even tho orion had nothing done [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idk why.. But I thought Luna was a standard and Orion was a mini.. [emoji38]

How big are your standard rexes? D:

Clementine is an absolute unit.. She stays at 3.6kg basically Atticus is 3kg.. Starting to wonder if mine are... Big boned... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Both of mine are standard rexes.

They are quite small. Both Helios and Selene are between 2.2 and 2.5kg. But their body shape is completely different to Persephone's, at 1.9kg. Persephone is a little chunk though. H and Se have that longer, more graceful look of Atticus and Clemetine, just smaller and OAPs of the bunny world.

indeed!! she's both swamped our mini rex's too, she's been a lot bigger than Snoopy and a bit bigger than Orion. Orion is roughly 2.4kg, but he has a lot of a smaller frame I guess? Luna's a lot..bigger in size. I do think somewhere between 2-3kg is average for buns.

Idk why.. But I thought Luna was a standard and Orion was a mini.. [emoji38]

yea tbh I do think that she is! however when I picked her up, she came from the same breeder who only bred mini rex's (but he was a bit of a BYB if I'm honest so who knows :() and they said to that she was a mini rex. she's always been too big to really be a mini, she swamped Snoopy and she's a bit bigger than Orion too. they're both def mini rex's as they fit the weight and look a bit more 'compact'. she's sorta..too big for a mini, but she's also too small for a standard :lol: her weight is way below a standard rex, but way above a mini rex, and her size is way above a mini but way below a standard. sometimes I wonder if she's a cross between both :?

whatever she is, I love her, and I just keep calling her thicc now :lol:

2.7kg isn't a bad weight for her, her body condition is actually lovely now, so its probably because I've started feeding them separate pellet so she actually gets her share. otherwise their diet hasn't changed, teaspoon of pellet, ball herbs the size of her head, minimal treats and hay. I'd say they get no more than 2 treats a week, and its usually fenugreek crunchies which aren't too unhealthy.

indeed!! she's both swamped our mini rex's too, she's been a lot bigger than Snoopy and a bit bigger than Orion. Orion is roughly 2.4kg, but he has a lot of a smaller frame I guess? Luna's a lot..bigger in size. I do think somewhere between 2-3kg is average for buns.

yea tbh I do think that she is! however when I picked her up, she came from the same breeder who only bred mini rex's (but he was a bit of a BYB if I'm honest so who knows :() and they said to that she was a mini rex. she's always been too big to really be a mini, she swamped Snoopy and she's a bit bigger than Orion too. they're both def mini rex's as they fit the weight and look a bit more 'compact'. she's sorta..too big for a mini, but she's also too small for a standard [emoji38] her weight is way below a standard rex, but way above a mini rex, and her size is way above a mini but way below a standard. sometimes I wonder if she's a cross between both :?

whatever she is, I love her, and I just keep calling her thicc now [emoji38]

2.7kg isn't a bad weight for her, her body condition is actually lovely now, so its probably because I've started feeding them separate pellet so she actually gets her share. otherwise their diet hasn't changed, teaspoon of pellet, ball herbs the size of her head, minimal treats and hay. I'd say they get no more than 2 treats a week, and its usually fenugreek crunchies which aren't too unhealthy.
Haha yea Fleur was like that, between a standard and mini, I think she was 2.7 ish. But much smaller than my other two who are definitely standard rexes.

Damnnn she THICCCC [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Back