• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns + tree = disaster?

Sage

Warren Scout
A crisis in two acts...

Branwen's territory is bay window in our lounge, which has been fine, but will now be totally taken up with our Christmas tree. It's not that she's territorial per say, but that's where she always goes.

I was wondering how she will take it and what we could do to make her happier and find somewhere else to hang out for the holiday season. (she has a blanket that she stays on, shall we just move that?)

Oh and then there's Casey ...
No problems territory wise, but he (the one who climbs, hides and chews wires) is about to be presented with a huge [plastic] tree, some new hiding places and metres of fairy light cable.
Houston we have a problem.

What are to we do in order to keep the rabbit and decorations in one piece?

Any help will be most appreciated. We adopted Branwen in Febuary so have never had this problem before.
They'll be coming inside when the weather turns colder, probably to my room, but I don't want to leave them upstairs all the time.

:lol: Might be better and a lot safer to put the tree high up and well out of the way on a table in the bay window, and better to keep ALL cables and chocolate decorations well out the way of bunnies, instant disaster if chewed by buns.

Branwen will be well chuffed with her new hiding place under the table and will love it.

We introduced our buns to the tree last night! They thought it was great. Bob proceeded to hop round and round it whilst Dexter wanted to eat it! (it's a real tree norman pine is that safe?) Dexter then caught sight of a dangling fairy and then proceeded to get frisky with it! The poor fairy has a couple of hairs out of place lol ! I think they got far too excited about the whole thing as they then started racing up and down the stairs, taking it in turns to see how many steps they could jump! The funny things buns do!! :lol:

so far my buns have been fine with my tree, all my decorations and light stop a foot above the lowest branches!!! I have put insulating foam around the cables from the tree to the wall then taped the cable around the walls to the plug which is hidden behind a bookcase!!! :)

Back