• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Empty timothy hay sacks

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
i know its been asked before but what do people do with their timothy hay sacks once empty.

Ages ago I got rid of a few as improvised rubble sacks during house renovation but other than that I seem to be collecting them

Me too. I was going to use them for planters but they go mouldy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yea we have loads, Idk what they're made out of but they are breathable apparently? We use them as gardening sacks, and for rubble atm, but getting more and more I've got quite the collection. Hopefully someone has some ideas :D

I now have one timothy hay sack...stuffed full of loads of timothy hay sacks. They are not bringing me joy

Silly suggestion probably, but could they not be reused by the hay suppliers ?

mine are always ragged open & quite shabby, cut half way down. i think I might have opened one nicely once but then again maybe i dreamt it

I'd happily send mine back though & I'd be happy enough receiving my hay in a used bag too. There could be practical or health & safety considerations though...

I now have one timothy hay sack...stuffed full of loads of timothy hay sacks. They are not bringing me joy

:lol::lol: Me too!

mine are always ragged open & quite shabby, cut half way down. i think I might have opened one nicely once but then again maybe i dreamt it

I'd happily send mine back though & I'd be happy enough receiving my hay in a used bag too. There could be practical or health & safety considerations though...

I managed to open one a few years back when I was drunk by cutting a bit of the string and pulling the rest and it opened perfectly. Never managed to do that again, drunk or sober, until last months one where I was determined that it could be done again, cut a bit of string and my OH pulled it and it opened perfectly. Wish I'd filmed it as those bags constantly outwit me!!

I have loads of them. They have all been opened perfectly :lol: I remember we've had this discussion previously about the correct way to open the bags. It's only possible from one of the ends of the stitching, but once the stitch has been cut, the seam will just unravel.

I can only remember one of the bags being used. That was used to make a duvet for the compost heap, which is filled with polystyrene pieces received as packing. It works well :)

Ive just sent mine via OH to F in L in case he wants them for "allotment stuff". I expect they'll boomerang

We use them to take the used hay (and litter tray stuff [emoji16]) to the green skip at the local dump. They last for quite a few trips before they can be discarded due to holes

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Back