• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Names vs Real Names

Zarla

Alpha Buck
Are your bunnies' registered vet names much more sensible than their real names?

Stakki is Domino at the vet's. My grey bridge bun was Squirrel at the vet's, Squee at home. My harlequin bridge bun was Benji at the vet and Niney at home. They all had even sillier pet names too. 😂

Last edited:
Hehe we have silly nicknames

We have

Syrupy Custardy Spongey Cakeyness (Maple)

Mr Hoppington (Dennis)

Kamoo-doo-doo (Marty, the chinchilla)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

King Harold the hamster was just Harry at the vets. I've also had a Sukie pig at the vets who was always Snow Pig at home, and Rosie pig at the vets who was always Pooky at home.

I fostered a bunny from work (vets) that the owner couldn’t manage anymore and let the vet loose on her file. So I have a Fluffkin Megatron on my account... I had her PTS not long after so it just stuck!

Also from working at a vets - don’t be embarrassed! We love funny/unusual names - makes them more memorable!

Last edited:
It's good to see vets don't mind crazy names! We did ask to change their vet names to their real names on their little caskets when they passed away, and the vet didn't seem fazed.

All my animals are registered with their real first name at the vets. Most have middle names but those aren't on the system. The vets seem to like my animals names, which is good cause I do too.

The most common question I get when registering a new pet is 'ok and how do you spell that?'

Back