PDA

View Full Version : Vibes for Teddy

Orenoko
23-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Teddy is off to the vet this evening. He hasn't been right since his last dental. He sometimes sticks his tongue out as though he has something stuck in his mouth and he's trying to get it out. He's also becoming increasingly fussy with his food, completely refuses to eat any kind of hay or grass (although will eat hay cookies). I'm worried about his weight as he's 1.6kg on my kitchen scales (so not the most accurate) when he should be over 2kg. Over the weekend I heard some teeth grinding so gave him some metacam but something is definitely off with him, although he was charging around quite happily this morning so it's really difficult to tell. He had a steroid injection about 4 weeks ago now for his head tilt, I'm worried that his liver or kidney function may be impacted but I've no idea if I'm being paranoid. I'll have to leave diagnosis to the experts!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Zoobec
23-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Teddy, I hope the vets visit goes well xx

Jack's-Jane
23-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Teddy :love:

kattymieoww
23-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Sending vibes for Teddy.x

Orenoko
23-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Thanks all! Will update once he's been. He does his best dead rabbit impression at the vets and I always have to convince the vet this is not normal [emoji23]

Glingle
23-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Sending vibes x

Omi
23-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Sending loads of vibes for your lovely boy.

Pets mum
23-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Lots of vibes for Teddys vet visit, hope it goes well xxx

joey&boo
23-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Many vibes for little Ted xx

Orenoko
23-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Just back from the vet. He's had his teeth looked at and no issues, and she couldn't find any problems with his abdomen. It could be tilt related so we decided to try a vetergesic injection to see if that helps, if not then further tests will be needed. The vet suspects the issues associated with the tilt might be progressing.

I'm a bit worried that he might be in pain and if it is due to his tilt that we may have come to a point where it's either constant medical management or PTS. He actually weighs less than I thought, he's 1.48kg. When I considered the ear op he weighed much more than that and although he's still bright and runs about I don't know if he'd make it through that kind of operation at this stage. But I do tend to have a habit of catastrophising everything in my head when it comes to Teddy so hopefully he will be okay.

Zoobec
23-04-2019, 07:19 PM
I’m glad there weren’t any problems with his teeth or abdomen, but I’m sorry that he’s still a worry :cry: I’ve not had experience of a bunny given vetergesic but I understand that it can have quite an effect on making them sleepy. Topping up the vibes and hugs xx

Orenoko
23-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Iím glad there werenít any problems with his teeth or abdomen, but Iím sorry that heís still a worry :cry: Iíve not had experience of a bunny given vetergesic but I understand that it can have quite an effect on making them sleepy. Topping up the vibes and hugs xxHe's had it once before and I think he was a bit zonked out, I've also got emeprid in case he stops eating and have given him a preemptive dose.

Omi
23-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Sending lots more vibes for Teddy.

loobers25
23-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Lots and lots of vibes for your gorgeous little man xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Jack's-Jane
24-04-2019, 05:28 AM
How is Teddy doing this morning ? x

Craig 1965
24-04-2019, 05:52 AM
Sendingvibes for gorgeous Teddy and hope he is ok. x

Cuthbert&Dillon
24-04-2019, 05:57 AM
Sending vibes too, hope the injection gives him some relief.

Orenoko
24-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Hi all,

He seems quite bright this morning, last night he was pretty out of it which I expected. He's normally bright in the mornings anyway (breakfast time!) so it's a bit hard to tell how much relief he's had. I wish I could stay home and monitor him all day but I have to go go work soon!

Saying that just as I write this I think I heard a bit of a tooth grind so now I don't know what to think.

olices
24-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Keeping fingers crossed and sending vibes for Teddy, I'm glad to hear he was brighter this morning x

Orenoko
24-04-2019, 11:23 AM
I've booked a check up for him tomorrow at the vets, it's annoying that I can't be at home today to see what he's up to and whether he's grinding his teeth at all, but I can check on him this evening, he's an indoor bun so lots. Of opportunities for me to bother him. I'm wondering whether to ask for blood tests to see if there's anything else going on with him. I've also been recommended a rabbit savvy vet by a friend so wondering if it's worth going for a second opinion or whether they'll just tell me more of the same.

Zoobec
24-04-2019, 11:48 AM
I have a camera so I can watch my bunnies to check that Frosty is eating, I think it was £30 from Amazon and itís been money well spent :thumb:

Orenoko
24-04-2019, 12:01 PM
I have a camera so I can watch my bunnies to check that Frosty is eating, I think it was £30 from Amazon and itís been money well spent :thumb:I may have to invest in one! I know they spend most of their day sleeping but I'd still love to spy on them [emoji4]

Zoobec
24-04-2019, 12:05 PM
I may have to invest in one! I know they spend most of their day sleeping but I'd still love to spy on them [emoji4]

It is fun to spy on them! Mine spend most of the afternoon snoozing on and off!

Orenoko
25-04-2019, 11:32 AM
So I took Teddy back to the vet this morning, everything seems good in terms of temperature, heart, lungs, gut sounds. He's going back in a week for a recheck, in the meantime I have been tasked with trying to fatten him up, so I'll be feeding him more critical care daily than I've done so far and will up his nuggets a bit. If he doesn't gain weight in the next week we'll do further tests.

loobers25
25-04-2019, 09:02 PM
I am glad the vet visit went well and I'm sending lots of loves to Teddy!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Omi
25-04-2019, 09:05 PM
Sending more vibes for Teddy. I'm also glad his vet visit went well.

Orenoko
25-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys, he's loving the extra critical care and baby food [emoji23] I just hope it works and that it's nothing more sinister, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it