• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Laminate Floor

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
Does anyone else's bun have a problem with laminate floor? Mikey wont walk on it at all and does everything he can to avoid doing so.
Any suggestions ?

:?:

2 of my buns HaTe any smooth floor :!: As they put their claws out and skid around :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was good as I could have my back door open to cool the place down. Now Sparkee can go anywhere :!: :!: So going to have to re-think my plans and watch him closely.

bronie

They are ok on it once they get used to it claude and miffy are fine now but lilac and shadow dont like it

I had one bun who just would not go anywhere near it. We put down some strategically placed little rugs so he could hop from one to the other. He even mastered the art of binkying on them :lol:

Stepping stones (rugs) for bunnies :lol: Some bunnies just don't like surface, he might also be a little wary if the room is very open, bunnies like to have some cover especially if a quick get away is hampered by skidding across the floor. You can use rugs, vetbed, cardboard etc. to give the floor a little grip. Or even put in a bunny sized tunnel to the couch for tv watching.

Tam

Our buns can cope with it, but they don't love it. When it was plain laminate they'd hop about and play on it, but snooze (and dig) behind the sofa. Now they have their own bunny rug, we get more binkies and they'll flop down in the middle of the room instead. If I were you I'd definitely get them a rug. A cheap rug. Got mine out of the rolled up stacks of cheap rugs they had at the front of the carpet shop. It's the really hard fibre woven stuff. It's better for bunny grip, they can dig at it without harming it, and because it's cheap I don't care if they trash it. At the same time, I found one that matches the living room, so even though it's cheap it doesn't look dreadful.

Athena could cope with our laminate from day one. Zeus hates it. Since Athena he has become more bold - she used to run away from him off their rug onto the laminate but now he chases her onto it.

He will go up and down the hall and into the kitchen but not the other direction into the lounge unless we lay out towels or rugs. He doesn't go through the kitchen into the dining room he stops at the doorway. It is like he knows where he is allowed to go - we can leave the doors open when we go out and they have never gone anywhere outside the hall/kitchen. Athena won't go where Zeus won't follow either!

Give him some time and he will get used to it and run from "safe" floor to "safe" rug then you can start cutting down on the number of rugs if you want.

Caz

Thora is an explorer and always charges off the rug I put down for them on to the laminate, it doesnt seem to phase her at all and she hops around. Only when she is at top speed she has problems.

The other 2 are a different story. Anna can cope with it and will hop around but Eamon walks on it quite often but he can hop. I guess they both prefer not to.

Hi

I've just had all my carpet taken up for hygiene reasons because of the bunnies and I had the laminate floor fitted which has ridges in it like floorboards it made by Pergo.

The bunnies are fine on it because it's not completely smooth and I feel happier (the carpet was 20 years old) :lol: :lol:

Maureen

Back