• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Have Been Around Longer Than Had Previously Been Thought

I was it’s about to post about that! I have a feeling the rabbit may not have had a massive run... really interesting to see they’ve been around for so long.

I was it’s about to post about that! I have a feeling the rabbit may not have had a massive run... really interesting to see they’ve been around for so long.

To be honest I had never considered that hutch kept Rabbits eat their fecal poo. In the article and in an interview with Prof Sykes on Radio 4 this morning the issue of Rabbits producing two different types of poo was not highlighted.

Wow did you see it also said the oldest rabbit was 18 years and 11 months old. :love:.

I'm fairly certain James (historian) knew the Romans brought rabbits over to England. I won't ask because I may get an hour's explanation. :lol:

Seen on breakfast this morning.Compared the bone to a hares and a modern rabbit.Much smaller.She said hares were plentiful in Britain then and the Romans consumed them.

Seen on breakfast this morning.Compared the bone to a hares and a modern rabbit.Much smaller.She said hares were plentiful in Britain then and the Romans consumed them.

Maybe it was hares already here.

I know there was evidence the Romans used central heating, which was a form of under floor heating.

Back