• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pregnant bunny

smokeys owner

Warren Scout
my mates got a female bunny whos a year old and a male rabbit thats fully developed she put the female one with the male in and he started humping her she did'nt seem to like it as she ran away but she gave up in the end, anyway what are the odds of her being pregnant? and would she need to bring them inside, also how long does it take?

I tihnk buns are pregnant for 30 days ish. I know its not long.

The female will make a nest, quite often with her own fur and straw etc

Not sure about bringing her inside

I tihnk buns are pregnant for 30 days ish. I know its not long.

The female will make a nest, quite often with her own fur and straw etc

Not sure about bringing her inside

Very high! But with it being a first time she might not keep them. Was she purposely trying to breed? Females normally give warning by running away - she will give up in the end, as the male is very dominant. However after a female has mated once, she will continue wanted to mate afterwards.... and we are talking within one day after giving birth.

If she does give birth make sure the babies are extra warm as it is very cold and not really the correct time of year for rabbits to breed.

Hi,
The gestation period for a rabbit is around 30-32 days, you can work out the approximate due date as being day 31. If the buck actually 'did the buisness' so to speak..then he should have quite literally, squealed, and backflipped off the doe. (still makes me laugh after years of it lol)

hth x

Checkley_Stud said:
he should have quite literally, squealed, and backflipped off the doe

:shock:
1.gif
.............................Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to have a look at this, you need practice! :lol:

bunnyhuggger said:
Checkley_Stud said:
he should have quite literally, squealed, and backflipped off the doe

:shock:
1.gif
.............................Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to have a look at this, you need practice! :lol:

Lynda I hate to tell you, but if yesterdays photos were anything to go by I think you have been dumped for Mr Frosty :wink: :wink:

Checkley_Stud said:
Hi,
then he should have quite literally, squealed, and backflipped off the doe.

hth x

Please explain a little more as my Jasper does something similar to this after he has been "Dancing" with his two footballs :?

He hasn't actually "Arrived" :oops: ......................Has He????????? :shock:

ur bunny

hi ok the same thing happened to me i had put my rabbits 2 gethter but they didnt do any squealing or jumping off of eachother! ok so i didnt know my rabbit was pregant AT ALL. i couldnt tell so then one day rabbits were there. so theres a huge chance jus take realli good care and i seen my rabbit making its nest so provide blankets or rags and hay. it will make its nest a couple days before 31 or 32 days. so good luck . when there born make sure theres alot of space for the mother. kk byee good luck.

Back