• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any rabbit competition in Berkshire?

I have a french lop that isn’t registered however I would like to enter him into a competition. I’m under the age of 16 so Is it possible for me to enter a competition?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Maybe this link might be helpful for finding a show? https://thebritishrabbitcouncil.org/shows-current-year.htm I think you'd be able to look at entering him in a pet class?

However I'd have a good think about it as personally I think many rabbits find showing stressful, they have to be in a small pen for long periods of time which are often quite exposed. As a prey species rabbits like shelter and places to hide. They'd also be handled by strangers, the majority of buns would rather keep all four feet on the ground and not be picked up, although your bunny may be quite relaxed. He'd also need to travel well, and I'd make sure he was plenty of water and hay available all the time and watch him for any signs of stress. :)

I have witnessed shows that were run well and others where rabbits were in a hot barn in old wire cages as many strangers viewed them with little supervision. Some shows are multi day.
I even own/owned a few former show bunnies

Last edited:
Back