• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming

slob1231

Warren Scout
As you all know by now, i have Skye and Coco! We've been doing the bonding for a while now and its been going great, so after weeks of getting to know eachother i finally put them together. They are great together, they eat, drink, play, cuddle and everything else, they don't fight and theres been no humping! I mentioned in a previous topic that skye likes to groom Coco's eyes, she licks then gives a little nibble to which Coco moves then she goes back again, I've just gone into the cage, (its big enough for me to sit in) to clean up the poop & I've noticed Coco has a bit of a sore on his eye. Its not bothering him but what shall i do? Do i need to stop her licking his eyes and how?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

This should really be in Health so you would get abetter response. Can you post a photo of your rabbit's eye?

With my two buns, Henry constantly grooms Lillians eye. In fact I was observing this just last week.
If you have noticed any form of sore or anomoly, I would consider getting it checked out by a vet. It may be an infection and could need some form of intervention so better to get it seen sooner.

You can see the little sore there.x
e3f040d2e4a2e995ba657eba7637a972.jpg

I think I would see a vet Thing is, rabbits ea their own poop so to then go and groom another bun.....well, there's a high risk of some contamination. Once it's healed, it'll be ok, but any open wound or sore should be looked at in my opinion. Eyes are sensitive areas and it's important to keep an eye on them (no pun intended). I can speak from experience with Henry and his episode a few months back.

I think I would see a vet Thing is, rabbits ea their own poop so to then go and groom another bun.....well, there's a high risk of some contamination. Once it's healed, it'll be ok, but any open wound or sore should be looked at in my opinion. Eyes are sensitive areas and it's important to keep an eye on them (no pun intended). I can speak from experience with Henry and his episode a few months back.
Thank you Craig appreciate your advice! [emoji4]

Back