• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding two pairs together?

Graciee

Staff member
How easy is it? Or is it just down to luck and personality of the individual buns?

I wouldn't be doing it obviously [emoji38] but just wondered what people's thoughts were :)

Atticus and Clementine can be a bit aggressive? I guess, they can both be equally bossy, but Clementine is top bun..

Apricot and Penelope are so chill, like they can get spooked... But other than that they're so relaxed.. Penelope is top bun, I guess.. But so chilled out and they kinda just do whatever they feel like [emoji38]

Idk how Atticus and Clementine will react to new buns... I'm not so worried about the white buns they seem to just take things in their stride..

Anyway, anyone have any opinions on this? [emoji38]

In my view it's mostly down to personality of the rabbits. I think the general view is that there are definite rules and advice about bonding, but I'm not sure that they make a big difference in every case. I also think that there is no particular human skill in bonding. It's sensible to consider possible territorial issues, as they would certainly arise in the majority of cases. The most important thing imo that the human can do, is to prevent injuries from any aggresion.

This was my experience of quad bonding http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ks-after-Bonding-a-quad&highlight=Zoobec+quad
I decided to try my 2 pairs together with the intention of pulling the plug straight away to try to preserve the original bonds if it didn’t work. I’m not sure about the personalities of Atticus and Clementine if they will accept Apricot and Penelope without it causing issues but I say with all bonding you need to know the rabbits well personally to know if it might work out.

Good luck:thumb:

Back