• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fun thread: Bunny quirks

loobers25

Warren Veteran
What things do your bunnies do that make you laugh?

Ours has to be Dennis when he's hungry. He chases us round and nips our ankles in impatience. He had OH backed in a corner for forage and all I could hear from their room was "no Dennis no!"

Maple makes me laugh when I take away the forage plate and out pops a paw solidly on the plate. We call this the "paw of stability". That plate isn't going anywhere when the paw of stability is out

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ooh - where do I start?
Well, Lillian at the moment, has taken to rining a waiters bell under the table, when she's in the living room and wants nomms. I've not captured the moment she does it yet so I don't know if she's using her nose or her paw, but there's a growing number of RU's who are hoping it's the paw! Henry and Lillian have chewed a hole in their bedroom box so that they can just lean out and scoff pellets from the food bowl. That's quite funny to see - it's like watching a two headed hydra feeding.
Henry has a specific routine in the morning - he sits by the living room door waiting for me to open it, then he runs in the kitchen (scratching the door) and then doubles back and goes upstairs and checks out the rooms.
My bridge bun Ben was the best tho. He loved peas - and they had to be shelled in front of him. He's sit and gently nibble the peas out of the shell and wait for the next one to be shelled. His bedtime routine was just lush. He would run up the ramp in the hutch, and sit and wait for a head massage. I had to rub his head and eyes for a good ten minutes which he just adored. Then he'd tear into his salt lick and then look for the carrot that was spiralled through the bars of the hutch.
Each rabbit is so unique and although they share some traits, we all find something special with our rabbits - and I guess that is why we love them so much.
Maple sounds just wonderful - I love the paw of stability. And she has such a perfect match with the stunningly gorgeous Dennis. :love:

What things do your bunnies do that make you laugh?

Ours has to be Dennis when he's hungry. He chases us round and nips our ankles in impatience. He had OH backed in a corner for forage and all I could hear from their room was "no Dennis no!"

Maple makes me laugh when I take away the forage plate and out pops a paw solidly on the plate. We call this the "paw of stability". That plate isn't going anywhere when the paw of stability is out

Ah I love this thread idea! :D

There's literally hundreds of silly things that they do tho that make me laugh [emoji38]

Penelope tugs on whatever part of you or object is nearest when she wants attention, normally it's clothing, she hates me scrolling on my phone, she's tugged at it loads [emoji38]

Atticus makes me laugh because he'll throw himself at you for noms and he does it all the time, like if he sees me he basically runs at me and stands up begging [emoji38] it's very distracting and cute.. So then I end up reinforcing the behaviour... [emoji849][emoji38]

Clementine and her crazy licking makes me laugh, if you groom or pet her she licks everything in sight, you, furniture, litter tray, hay, the floor... Whatever is nearest gets licked to death [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Apricot doesn't really do anything too weird she's just a snuggly bunny, who looks at you and paws at you if you stop the strokes.. Other than that she's pretty chill [emoji38]

Not a quirk but a funny story. OH was fiddling about on the floor with the free sat box and wires Saturday afternoon. I was sat watching him and all of a sudden I saw him start convulsing for around two seconds. He got shocked by a wire that had been bunny chewed. He said it made him very happy as reminded him of our bridge bunny Charlie when he had chewed the wires of it at our old flat!

Not a quirk but a funny story. OH was fiddling about on the floor with the free sat box and wires Saturday afternoon. I was sat watching him and all of a sudden I saw him start convulsing for around two seconds. He got shocked by a wire that had been bunny chewed. He said it made him very happy as reminded him of our bridge bunny Charlie when he had chewed the wires of it at our old flat!

Oh, my bridge bun Sam almost killed me like this. At our old house when we had Sam and Georgina. Sam was a devil. He'd get behind the smallest gaps. One day I was cleaning the garage and was near our chest freezer when I noticed some bare wires. "Hmmm? " I thought, that wasn't right. There was water on the concret under the freezer so I moved the freezer away from the wall, stood in the water and (with the power still connected because I'm a stupid idiot) put one hand on the metal back and for some unknown reason, grabbed the bare wire. I remember waking up the other side of the garage in a bit of a mess. To this day o have no idea how Sam didn't electrocute himself by chewing the cables- but he left that pleasure to me. Just for the record, I don't recomend electrocution. It's not pleasant.😆

Ah I love this thread idea! :D

There's literally hundreds of silly things that they do tho that make me laugh [emoji38]

Penelope tugs on whatever part of you or object is nearest when she wants attention, normally it's clothing, she hates me scrolling on my phone, she's tugged at it loads [emoji38]

Atticus makes me laugh because he'll throw himself at you for noms and he does it all the time, like if he sees me he basically runs at me and stands up begging [emoji38] it's very distracting and cute.. So then I end up reinforcing the behaviour... [emoji849][emoji38]

Clementine and her crazy licking makes me laugh, if you groom or pet her she licks everything in sight, you, furniture, litter tray, hay, the floor... Whatever is nearest gets licked to death [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Apricot doesn't really do anything too weird she's just a snuggly bunny, who looks at you and paws at you if you stop the strokes.. Other than that she's pretty chill [emoji38]
You're velvet buns have a cheeky look about them! They are all so lovely

Ooh - where do I start?
Well, Lillian at the moment, has taken to rining a waiters bell under the table, when she's in the living room and wants nomms. I've not captured the moment she does it yet so I don't know if she's using her nose or her paw, but there's a growing number of RU's who are hoping it's the paw! Henry and Lillian have chewed a hole in their bedroom box so that they can just lean out and scoff pellets from the food bowl. That's quite funny to see - it's like watching a two headed hydra feeding.
Henry has a specific routine in the morning - he sits by the living room door waiting for me to open it, then he runs in the kitchen (scratching the door) and then doubles back and goes upstairs and checks out the rooms.
My bridge bun Ben was the best tho. He loved peas - and they had to be shelled in front of him. He's sit and gently nibble the peas out of the shell and wait for the next one to be shelled. His bedtime routine was just lush. He would run up the ramp in the hutch, and sit and wait for a head massage. I had to rub his head and eyes for a good ten minutes which he just adored. Then he'd tear into his salt lick and then look for the carrot that was spiralled through the bars of the hutch.
Each rabbit is so unique and although they share some traits, we all find something special with our rabbits - and I guess that is why we love them so much.
Maple sounds just wonderful - I love the paw of stability. And she has such a perfect match with the stunningly gorgeous Dennis. :love:
I'm going to find the biggest bell i can and post it to Lillian. I imagine if Maple had a bell she would ting it all night and day!

It's when I go in the bunny room at dinner time (5.30), I go to the gate and then feel the hot breath of Dennis on the back of my ankles, that's when the panic sets in I freeze! I think to myself please don't nip me Dennis I beg in my head for him to let me free, of course 99% of the time I end up with either a chunk of sock missing or a piece of ankle gone. Now I run to the gate grab the 2 bowls of forage and run over to the corner and usually I can keep him at bay by throwing forage at home from a distance, just like throwing kippers to seals. But I wouldn't change him for the world haha

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Fabala will pretty much groom on demand. She is my Miss Licky-Licky and always grooms my face. :love: And yeah, you know how dog owners will put a treat in their mouth and let the dog take it like that. She does that too. She has meds first atm and always periscopes excitedly up me to try and grab the treat that isn't there yet.

Helios and Selene are both daft as heck. They get fed in their run, but at food time, they will run outside to upstairs in their double run before coming back out.

Athena always does "show off" DBFs if you're sitting in her run. Also if she sees a cat (not one of ours now), she will charge first and think later. She once ran into the wire mesh of the run to try and charge a cat.

At feeding times in a bunny typhoon, Odessa always has to be in the middle.

Morning's group doesn't do bunny typhoons though. Instead the 3 of them will leap over one another.

Dennis sounds absolutely hilarious :lol: :lol:

I love reading about how different everyone's bunnies are!

Phillip likes to pick up and move items that are in his way. For example, the other week I was sat on the bed with my diary open. He jumped up, grabbed chunks of pages at a time and flipped them over, until the diary was closed. If my shoes aren't in a Phillip approved place in the hallway, he chucks them across the floor until they're in a suitable location. You can hear them being thrown from upstairs :lol:

Snowy's a medicine thief. When Phillip has his daily Metacam, she shoots out from wherever she is, shoves her head in front of Phillip and tries to get the medicine for herself. And if you make the mistake of putting the empty syringe on the floor whilst he has his other meds, she runs off with the syringe!

It's when I go in the bunny room at dinner time (5.30), I go to the gate and then feel the hot breath of Dennis on the back of my ankles, that's when the panic sets in I freeze! I think to myself please don't nip me Dennis I beg in my head for him to let me free, of course 99% of the time I end up with either a chunk of sock missing or a piece of ankle gone. Now I run to the gate grab the 2 bowls of forage and run over to the corner and usually I can keep him at bay by throwing forage at home from a distance, just like throwing kippers to seals. But I wouldn't change him for the world haha

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

During stroking, one of Boots ears would go from full lop to straight up like an uppy ear. During stroking, one of Frosty’s ears goes from uppy to full lop. Same ear. It’s quite comforting really :love:

Fern follows me round nose bumping my leg for attention :love: she’s like a little dog :love:

Dilly has been on lots of medication, we try and give it on toast each morning. So at 5.30am each morning OH releases Dilly from his house, this is followed by a race to the kitchen for Dilly to helicopter for his toast, if OH tries to go out of the kitchen Dilly grabs hold of pj leg / dressing gown etc and ski's along behind OH being dragged by the clothing.

Laundry - he hates laundry being on the floor in front of the washer and will work really hard to remove it to the dining room

Bed blankets (his not mine) need to be pummelled into shape - knitted blankets have to be made into one big heap, fleece blankets have to be flat, and a thick cream is not allowed in Dillys house - it gets piddled on and pushed out of his front door.

Sponge is an excellent site foreman overlooking Dennis doing a hard days graft of smashing up hay bricks and clearing the way of hay.

Dennis likes to poop on top of poop so any hay will have to be turfed out

Syrup likes to make warrens in the hay. Then Dennis comes along and falls down them all confused and doddery

If you forget to put a water bowl in the same area as the buns (i.e. so they'd have to go down a tube to get water), Aboleth will cause trouble. Usually it's the lawn: if we forget to put the water bowl out and she's out for more than a few hours, she'll try and dig a well :S

Lopsy doesn't do anything normally. Sometimes he's so excited by the food in front of his face he forgets where his back end is and falls off whatever he's sitting on. Then he does the cat thing of total innocence. He perceives things no-one else can and totally ignores things Aboleth's perceived.

They'll follow any human around for food. If none's forthcoming they'll ignore you unless you're in and out of the garage.

I'm liking these funny bunnies

Mouse assesses Boo's mood by smelling her ass. One whiff & she knows whether to run for the hills (aka litter trays) or to snuggle on in. If the ass smells are particularly favourable Mouse will use Boo's bum as a pillow

Bertie often eats from one bowl with his foot in another bowl. As if he was saying, 'I'm eating from this bowl but I'm not finished with that bowl'.

Back