• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small Paws Playtime ceasing manufacture of small animal enclosures

capable

Mama Doe
Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

On Sunday, Lee of ‘Small Paws Playtime’ announced on their Facebook page that they would be ceasing to make outdoor housing/sheds/runs for small animals; citing too long working days, and too much time spent away from his family.

It seems like they’ll continue to develop their line of smaller items and toys, it didn’t say about their indoor pens.

Of course it’s unsustainable to be working such hours and spending so much time apart from family, but I can’t help feeling gutted. Small Paws seemed like such a great company to recommend - very underpriced for the workmanship, free installations (only pay the VERY low mileage cost).

I can’t help feel that this will be a huge blow to the business, where instead they might’ve e taken the opportunity to hire or outsource some of the work, or installations. But I’m sure this was all considered before the decision was made.

I think I’m just sad that I didn’t get to purchase the shed/run combo of my dreams - I’d been waiting till I was out of rental property :(

For anyone not on Facebook, here’s the copied post -

‘Good morning all..

Hello I'm Lee I own and run small paws with a very small team and after much consideration over the last few days.

Small paws playtime as of the end of today we will no longer be taking orders for any outdoor housing, runs, walking runs, pens etc And will be removed from our website.

Over the last few months I've been up at 5am and not getting home till 11pm and it's taking its toll on Me, My wife and family. We never see each other and its not a good environment to start a family (last time we had a full day together was Christmas day).

For customers with orders for all these items, don't worry your order is safe and secured so don't panic, we're roughly working at a 10 week lead time from order date to installation of those items.

However this also means we will be developing all of our small items and increasing a larger range. New tunnels, hides, hay storage, litter trays and more.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has ordered sheds and runs in the current and past. Your loyalty and custom is second to none!

THANKYOU

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lee :)

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

On Sunday, Lee of ‘Small Paws Playtime’ announced on their Facebook page that they would be ceasing to make outdoor housing/sheds/runs for small animals; citing too long working days, and too much time spent away from his family.

It seems like they’ll continue to develop their line of smaller items and toys, it didn’t say about their indoor pens.

Of course it’s unsustainable to be working such hours and spending so much time apart from family, but I can’t help feeling gutted. Small Paws seemed like such a great company to recommend - very underpriced for the workmanship, free installations (only pay the VERY low mileage cost).

I can’t help feel that this will be a huge blow to the business, where instead they might’ve e taken the opportunity to hire or outsource some of the work, or installations. But I’m sure this was all considered before the decision was made.

I think I’m just sad that I didn’t get to purchase the shed/run combo of my dreams - I’d been waiting till I was out of rental property :(

For anyone not on Facebook, here’s the copied post -

‘Good morning all..

Hello I'm Lee I own and run small paws with a very small team and after much consideration over the last few days.

Small paws playtime as of the end of today we will no longer be taking orders for any outdoor housing, runs, walking runs, pens etc And will be removed from our website.

Over the last few months I've been up at 5am and not getting home till 11pm and it's taking its toll on Me, My wife and family. We never see each other and its not a good environment to start a family (last time we had a full day together was Christmas day).

For customers with orders for all these items, don't worry your order is safe and secured so don't panic, we're roughly working at a 10 week lead time from order date to installation of those items.

However this also means we will be developing all of our small items and increasing a larger range. New tunnels, hides, hay storage, litter trays and more.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has ordered sheds and runs in the current and past. Your loyalty and custom is second to none!

THANKYOU

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lee :)
That's sad :(

I messaged the other day to ask about size of something on his site, and he just responded saying he didn't know what californian rabbits were :S which I thought was a bit odd..(I asked if the hopping villa would be large enough for a large breed rabbit like a californian) He then did tell me the doorway dimensions.. But Idk I didn't find it that helpful at first [emoji38]

Their stuff does look really good though so it's a shame.

Outsourcing is really hard though. If he's let down he could potentially lose the excellent reputation he's built up so far.

Its a real shame but there has to be work life balance. I'm just glad we haven't lost them altogether as I have loads of their stuff.

That is sad :cry: I hope that he will continue to be successful with the rest of the range.

Back