• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Look at my new head gear !!

bunnymad

Warren Scout
sparkeehelpingbugzeeoutofcolar.jpg

Poor me. I`m going to have to give Bugzee a injection everyday for the next 6 days :cry: . Good old antibiotics to keep infection at bay.

The vet thought this head gear wouldn`t work at keeping her away from her op. Well so far its on even with the help of Sparkee trying to nibble at it :lol:

I went to the chemist and brought some strips that you put over cuts to keep them together so they heal. I`m hoping this will also stay on and help the healing faster.

Thankfully its only the skin that isn`t together. Everything else is fine. I`m not liking the vet bills but shes worth every cent :D

If this doesn`t work, I`m stumped on how to keep her together to heal :!: :!: I don`t think a sock will work as she has eaten everything else :shock:

Wish her luck that this works and pray for me having to give my baby 6 injections.

bronie

Good luck Bronie and I take my hat off to you, there's no way I could give injections as I'm a complete wuss when it comes to needles.

bugzeewatchingtv.jpg

bugzee watching tv :D

I too HaTe needles :!: :!: :!: :cry:

But I love me bun and don`t have the money to travel to the vet never lone pay the vet to do it. :(

So its a case I`m having to do so. I travel a distance to this vet as they work on buns all the time not like the local vets around me.

I will keep you posted on her progress.

I`m going to watch her for the next few hours with the head gear off so she can clean and eat her poop (for get the name) so she stays healthy :D

bronie

She looks so cute with it on I am sure the rest of your buns will be demanding to have this seasons must have fashion accessory!

Good luck with the injections!

Caz

She looks a cutie :D :lol: Hope she gets better soon :D I dont envy you giving the injections, I am terrible receiving injections :lol: not sure i could do one :shock:

Good luck

Awwww Im sure you bunny isnt happy at the moment but looks cute as can be in the new "fashion". Hopefully all this will work out great and your bun will be back to its self in no time at all :)
Good luck with the injections!

Nicole
75556271.jpg
75556271.jpg
75556271.jpg
75556271.jpg
75556271.jpg

75556069.jpg
75556076.jpg
75556084.jpg
75556093.jpg
75556105.jpg