• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy belated gotcha day Kane (rescue dog)

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
It was actually a few days ago, but we have now had this big ginger doofus for 6 years now. It was Easter weekend, 2013, and Kane was 20 mths old when he came to live with us; he'll be 8 this summer.

We always say that, if he had a brain, he would be dangerous & he is always being outsmarted by our other dog. [emoji23][emoji23]

Just a few of my favourite photos from across the years.... note he's always had a thing for hogging the sunloungers..... [emoji23][emoji23]
59f7f4c2ad67a0206c222573c249e621.jpg
83f1ff1ce584e2be6e21a28d7eac057c.jpg
d5c9dda198ff122c40f2590638ce0e9c.jpg
827a32729cd78cb325bc186d410fba76.jpg
f31fd2c6529e4e8b1ff1268d59551afd.jpg

Thank you both, he's kind of special and we couldn't have asked for a better dog.

Are his health problems resolved now ?

Thanks for asking, Jane, he's been absolutely fine for months now, thankfully. His gastric issues resolved themselves, which was a bit of a relief as the next steps were quite invasive procedures under GA. He has a few lumps and bumps now, which are common for the breed, so we test new ones every so often to make sure they're not cancerous but, apart from that, he's doing really well.

He's so cute [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Showed my boyfriend, he said - that's what we need, a little dog and a large dog [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23] Well if you're going to get a dog or two, you might as well go to the extremes.

It's so funny watching them play; Kane usually lays on the floor so that Bobbi can reach him. Bobbi chews Kane's ears and Kane has Bobbi's back leg in his mouth. It's amazing how huge dogs know how to limit their play to suit the size of the other dog though and it's Bobbi who gets a bit too rough sometimes!

Six years!!! I remember you posting when you first got him!!!

He looks very contented.

Thank you all. [emoji7]

Tulsi, as long as he's fed and gets to sleep in the sofa he's happy! [emoji23][emoji23]

I remember you getting him too. He is so cute in a mahoosive way!

He's a funny boy, he's so dumb. :lol: We've gotten used to how big he is but still giggle when strangers come in - we make sure they're ok with dogs, they say yes and still go "Woah" (or some other more colourful four letter word :lol::lol:) when they see him.

Back