• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Prickly Roadblock

Beapig

Mama Doe
We went to put Hamilton and Beatrice to bed, and they were already in the shed, but someone was blocking the bun-door so they couldn't get out again! I'm not sure how he managed to get into their run, which is fenced all the way around. Still, we were heartened to see a hedgehog in the garden, especially as they're an endangered species. He was swiftly bundled up into a towel and relocated. The bunnies could tell it was a living creature but were extremely perplexed and hesitant!

20190404_210556 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Oh wow, great photo, love the quizzical expression :)

I very often see one in our garden, it's spooked me out on a few nighttimes when it's gone running across the garden x

Oh my goodness what an amazing photo, look at the bunny faces-priceless :D wonder how it got in !

Hedgehogs are excellent climbers (and by excellent I mean persistent and good at landing when they fall :lol:) so if it's open-topped they'll just climb over :) What a great thing to know, that there are hedgehogs in your garden :D

Hedgehogs are excellent climbers (and by excellent I mean persistent and good at landing when they fall :lol:) so if it's open-topped they'll just climb over :) What a great thing to know, that there are hedgehogs in your garden :D

Oh wow, I didn't know that! The run fence is 66cm tall and there are no gaps of course, so he/she must have climbed over! Obviously fancied how cosy looking the bunny shed is, I don't blame the little fella :lol:

What a simply brilliant photo :love:

I was also not aware that Hedgehogs were climbers, but it's good to know and explains how your Hedgehog was able to get where it was. It looks to be a good weight and has clearly thought it time to come out of hibernation. It will be fun to listen and watch for it now after dusk.

How sweet. :love:. Last year when it was really hot, we left the back door open and slept in the back room. In the middle of the night I heard rustling in a plastic bag in the corner of the bedroom . OH freaked out saying it was a rat. :roll:. Left me to deal with it. It was a hedgehog. :lol:[SUP][/SUP]

That's a great photo! :lol: I carried one across the road this morning after he was making his way very slowly through traffic! We have five at my branch of work, some been here since August who were poorly/too small, I imagine they'll be released soon.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! The run fence is 66cm tall and there are no gaps of course, so he/she must have climbed over! Obviously fancied how cosy looking the bunny shed is, I don't blame the little fella :lol:

surely foxes could get over a 66cm fence? Not to be negative but just cautious.

surely foxes could get over a 66cm fence? Not to be negative but just cautious.

My rabbits are locked in their shed at night but have access to a penned 10 metre long stretch of grass (essentially half of our garden) during the day. I work from home and can see them from my studio window. Our garden is very enclosed/we back onto more houses and we don't have foxes in our area. They've been in this setup for two years and I am always cautious, but I am very sure that they are in no danger and have never had any problems before. They used to be in a 10 x 8 aviary but it was obvious they wanted much more space.

What a glorious photo. It's very clear you have a thriving and woderfully diverse wildlife habitat in your garden, coming there because they want to. I adore the expression on your rabbits face - it's like "whoa - what is that?" And what a great set up you have there - I love the extended home in the back ground. It's such a priviledge to see hedgehogs in anyones garden - so I think it's a great honour for you to have them in your garden. Just wonderful - I am so envious.

Back