• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies so hungry they tried to eat cat biscuits!!

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
I am hopefully at the bottom (hahaha) of the sticky poo problem, but in getting there my poor bunnies are on such strick food atm ;-( I think it was the friendly grass giving me a problem but I have thought I found the problem before now and then no changes and its back to sticky poos. They are on mostly hay/straw atm and I have been giving a small amount of pellets. The vets happy with their weight and health (more than happy) but they are going mad when I even walk near the room. I let them into the room just now (that they share with the cats) and Mrs P started to tuck into the cats biscuits (She only got to grab one no swallowing) and Wilson was all trying too. Have my bunnies gone mad with hunger? I feel like some kinda monster. I know they are not lossing weight but this seems horride, they fight over the food when I do give them some ;-(((((

My buns get plenty of food but still go mad at feeding time, they reach up and put their paws on my legs like cats do! :)

Anyone watching would think they hadn't eaten for days :lol:

One of my cats follow me round the house untill I feed them. Hes the skinniest thing ever but is a bottomless pit.

Toby is like this begging for food as well. He jumps on my lay and/or puts his front paws on my lap. He even nicked one of my bourbon biscuits the other day and ran off with it :cry: I think its because he has become faddy and no longer likes his dry rabbit food.

Tweed and the two cavies have also gone silly with their food. I bought a new bale of hay recently and they love this hay so much that they hardly bother eating their greens or pellets or oats or anything else. Whenever I look at them they are munching on a strand of hay. I must admit, it is the nicest hay I've had for years, so I can't blame them! :roll: :)

Kiwibunny said:
I must admit, it is the nicest hay I've had for years, so I can't blame them! :roll: :)

Is that from personal experience? ;) I tend to stick to cereal in the morning as a more tasty form of fibre - but if hay comes recommended...

Caz

Caz said:
Kiwibunny said:
I must admit, it is the nicest hay I've had for years, so I can't blame them! :roll: :)

Is that from personal experience? ;) I tend to stick to cereal in the morning as a more tasty form of fibre - but if hay comes recommended...

Caz

1.gif

1.gif

Princess goes crackers at feeding time even tho she gets enough food! Think some buns just get very excited about feeding time, she has started to nip in excitement!! Least she enjoys her munchies, tho I'm still trying to get her to eat more hay.

Nicola

Well I never know what mine eat. I started putting less in the litter trays so its easier to see it go down and it was at that point I noticed the freinly grass go down and wondered if that was giving me the sticky poo problem. But I was quite chuffed last night to see these very big and light colours poos with lost of straw in them. I really should get out more. (she also didn't go for the cat bickies on the second letting out which is good)

I guess I have this picture in my head of the bunnies eating this masive pile of hay, but really its hard to tell what they are eating.

Ah that's good, I always like to see piles of round, solid poos!! Yeah it is difficult to know what they get their paws on specially when they are out in the garden. I just wish Princess would eat as much hay as Pippa does. Pip has gone off her dry food lately and is eating far more hay, guess that is better for her in the long run :)

Ours always give the impression of being ravenously hungry, but the vets always comment on how healthy they are, so I guess we must have the balance about right - there's always a big pile of hay in each cage for them to munch, and they get a medium bowl of pellets each night (for which they go mad).

Monopoly still climbs the babygate to get to the hay bag though.

AmberUK said:
At least they are veggies which makes you safe!

So far, yes. But you know what it's like; one of them will get a taste for human blood, and suddenly we'll be wearing kevlar pyjamas and sleeping under a chainmail duvet just to make it through the night alive.

Monopoly was out prowling the hallway again when I got home. Don't know how long she'd been escaped for. I've not found any little surprises yet. But I did nearly tread on her as I came in through the door. Luckily this time the baby gate to the living room was shut. The last time she escaped when I was out, she got into the living room and was taunting the jail bunnies.

They have to wear furry suits and comically long ears. Their crimes are numerous, but chief among them are the destruction of two sofas, a telephone, a storage heater, a table, a tv cabinet, a rug, the curtains and my sanity.

Comical doesn't sound nice. I bet they are wondering what that bald stumpy eared rabbits upto and why they have put in them jail. I hope they got a fair trial.

every time zara came upstairs with me she used to run straight into my room where the hamster was and nick a dog biscuit out of a bag and run under the bed with it cause we feed our hamster dog or cat biscutits too
becky

Back