• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowy is wearing a contact lense!

nap91

Mama Doe
After she started squinting yesterday, I managed to get an appointment this afternoon. The vet put dye in her eye to check for any scratches and it turns out that she’s most likely scratched herself on a piece of hay, which has caused a painful ulcer.
Snowy is now on a course of antibiotic eye drops but the vet also put in a special pet contact lense to protect it and make her more comfortable! Rabbit contact lenses didn’t even come up on the pricing list so she had to type it in herself :lol:

Here is the culprit that’s visited the vet for the third week in a row!

bc73926f6a8146f67484be7a7d9f56e5.jpg

bd9a937502dc094cb528b3416e3c5c0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am quite fascinated by this. I didn't know bunnies could wear contact lenses - but I guess it makes sense. I do love the way that we can adapt things to help bunnies. I hope Snowy's eye heals quickly. Sending her healing vibes.x

I haven't heard of contact lenses being used for rabbits in this way, but it seems very sensible. I hope Snowy's eye is soon feeling a lot less sore.

Baby girl what have you done! I hope Dr Phill is ok too?

He’s all good, gave us a scare the other week when he stopped eating for a day but it turned out he just was missing Snowy while she had her dental at the vets. Silly buns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back