• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Your Rabbits Respond to Their Names ?.

Definitely. So do my hamsters. People underestimate hamsters especially the dwarfs but Mum knows she is mum that is why I didn't change her name so not to confuse her.

Luna does, I think anyway. always runs to greet me, but I'm not sure if its because she's excited to see me. she's a bit like a dog, I can leave for a minute and come back and its like she hasn't seen me for years :lol:

Orion..no. he ignores me. he will sometimes twitch an ear but.. that is about it.

Misty pig totally knows her name, as long as it's said in the right voice. I think she thinks it means 'grub's here, so get into position' though. :lol:

Mine respond to clapping. They know when I clap it means dinner time and run in. Although sometimes they think 'stuff you're and rebel! Lol x

No, I think outdoor bunnies are less likely to. Lopsy's practically deaf and Aboleth will always listen to whatever's going on as it's her 'second eye'!

Alfie used to respond by completely ignoring me and continuing to do whatever he wanted...... :lol::lol:

My bridge Bun Ben did. Boy did he. He also responded to whistles. Hillian don't, although they do respond to the call of 'crinkles' - and the jangling of a bag of cranberries. That seems to bring them bouncing in from the living room when it's bed time.

Mimzy did till he went deaf. Pip and Fiver definitely knew their names, but it was the nicknames they responded to best. :love:

My bridge pair responded more to me making daft noises at feeding time.."Bunneeeeeee biscuits,bunneeeee biscuits " etc.:lol:

No, they don’t, but they do respond to the pellet tub :lol:

I think my dogs think they are both called, Holly-Alfie because they come to both names :lol:

All mine do including my outdoor bunnies. Super helpful when they need to come in at bedtime or if I need to go out

Yes they do know their names although Bobbie sometimes chooses not to hear especially when she is eating the grass in Summer.

This is an interesting thread ! After reading what others have said, I'm convinced Treacle must be deaf. She never responds to calling, or in fact any noise in general. If she's facing away from me, I always approach her from the side and wave a hand, or else she jumps in surprise. Doesn't seem to bother her though, of course she could just be ignoring me :roll:

Betty did as she was a REW so used my voice to know when it was breakfast lunch dinner!
Jack had selective hearing! :lol:

Amber 100% did as she was a our housebunny and was more like a dog!

Back